Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak + AiSuite II

velhart
Level 7
Ok i just straight to the point.
I got a Asus M5A97 and Asus Geforce GT 550 Ti,
This set do me good until the christmas eve,
[edited: i got this set running the Windows 7 SP1 64bit without the UEFI Hotfix, under UEFI=off]
[edited: since the Windows 7 64bit having problem under UEFI + MBR + NTFS, if the UEFI is turned ON, then the PC won't be able to get into Windows, since the windows having problem to reading my HDD partition]

[edited: don't ask me how i turn OFF the UEFI feature, and get to the classic BIOS interface... i did turn it OFF 1 yr back then and i searching everywhere but i fail to find where is it now]
i set up my pal's brand new PC and i found that his AiSuite II Having a different skin with mine,
and i just wonder if there is a new version of AiSuite II out there for my motherboard
late evening of that night i found the AiSuite II had been upgraded several times since the initial release,
so i decided to download the latest version from M5A97 product page
I try to install the AiSuite once the downloading finish, and i found that quite a few of components is up to date, and the way of installation is more likely to be MODIFY instead of FRESH INSTALL.
i stopped the installation by cancelling, and followed by uninstallation of my old AiSuite II, restart, install the brand new AiSuite, but it give me no surprise that the skin still in old fashion.
Okay, fine i not really complaining about the skin, but after another restart i found that my card + SmartDoctor doesn't working with the new AiSuite II (atleast the EPU shows me the goddamn not supported/Smartdoctor problem).
Fine, i go to download the Utility come with my card instead, reaching the product page of my GT 550 Ti page, it doesn't giving the smartdoctor in utility anymore, and giving a brand new utility which named GPUTweak.
Okay i thinking the brand new AISuite II might working with new utility instead the the outdated utility, so i downloaded the GPUTweak, install (here comes the problem, coz i forgot to uninstall the SmartDoctor), restart and the computer is fail to start. Computer only looking fine after several restarting and giving me a FAIL TO START COZ OF OVERCLOCKING error, and my windows is ruined
[edited: after several boot up failure, the system automatically reset the BIOS setting... well i know this is a good feature... yea it is a real good feature... but the hell yea it turn ON back the UEFI, instead of using the classic BIOS interface... this feature is a lifesaveer for most of the user but it is a poison for my case since i CANT let the UEFI=ON or else my windows is dead]
[edited: this got nothing to do with Asus software, Hardware or BIOS. and my windows 7 ruined is becoz i cant find the way to switch off the UEFI juz as i did 1 yr back then. Due to my windows cant handle my HDD which having NTFS Partition + Logical drive + MBR under UEFI active, i cant get into my windows becoz it always giving me BSOD when i try to boot up with UEFI].
Okay i know it is my fault for not giving a proper manner of installation, and i had done a fresh install to my whole windows, everything fine now, [edited: i done a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 64bit UEFI Hotfix modded, and there is no problem for running windows, or get into windows or whatsoever. It's a brand new Windows, everything running fine] and i install the GPUTweak + AiSuite II and all those needed, but the EPU still showing that i not using Asus Card/ SmartDoctor.
[edited: the mumbering above is juz a story telling eassay, and doesnt have anything that which shd be importantly taken]

Now get straight to the question:
How to make it working [edited: i mean, how to make my Aisuite II able to configuring my graphic card performance, under EPU]? Download a copy of SmartDoctor? It is not found in the GT550 Ti Page, and the Aisuite II not working with the GPUTweak in the product page. Or maybe doing some searching of SmartDoctor at other untrusted site? Or maybe search for a product which having SmartDoctor in their product page? or maybe waiting for Asus to update thier AiSuite II?

Looking forward for any advices.

adding some changes/fix in light blue for clarifying
4 REPLIES 4

X-ROG
Level 15
Your Windows install is different from your PC not starting properly. Reset your motherboard CMOS to default values (switch the motherboard jumper to pins 2-3 then back to 1-2 and press the power on), which should enable you to boot properly. It's likely your Windows is fine. I suggest you uninstall everything entirely and start again 😉

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Your Windows install is different from your PC not starting properly. Reset your motherboard CMOS to default values (switch the motherboard jumper to pins 2-3 then back to 1-2 and press the power on), which should enable you to boot properly. It's likely your Windows is fine. I suggest you uninstall everything entirely and start again 😉

thx for the patient for reading my long and long story.

i done my previous installation using a method which i cant remember clearly, just that i know i do disable the UEFI before i install the windows 7 SP1 64bit (which having problem with UEFI, and thats y i shut the UEFI on motherboard).
after the BIOS reset, i know it sounds dumb but i cant find the place where i used to shut down the UEFI.
and the motherfLIcker windows 7 having problem of recognizing my MBR + Logical drive under the EUFI active situation, so when i start the windows 7 after the BIOS reset (with UEFI active), i fail to get back to my previous Win7.
the win7 right now which i installed on christmas eve, is modded which win7/2008 UEFI hotfix, so that the win7 64bit able to get into the HDD which MBR and logical drive (instead of GPT partition).

maybe u got mislead-ed to somewhere which i dont really care about(since i formatted my windows, so i don't really care is there anyway to get my old windows back to his post), all i wanted to know is "Is there any way to make the Aisuite II EPU component to configure my graphic performance"
The AiSuite II asking for the SmartDoctor, but i cant find it on my product page.
wonder shd i take the SmartDoctor from other product page (worried about the compatible problem)
my computer now having the GPU Tweak + Aisuite II, will the later update making them work together?

X-ROG
Level 15
"Is there any way to make the Aisuite II EPU component to configure my graphic performance" - No sorry.

I will ask our software department to remove the request for SmartDoctor since this software is no longer supported.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
"Is there any way to make the Aisuite II EPU component to configure my graphic performance" - No sorry.

I will ask our software department to remove the request for SmartDoctor since this software is no longer supported.

thx for reply.
so there is still no words from software development team about how they gonna fix it.
well i hope later version of AiSuite II able to support/communicate with the GPU Tweak to make it works then.