dolen
Level 7
Can i ues my 955 Be in an ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z and can i use 1833 memory

Dolen
3 REPLIES 3

Gringjammer
Level 8
Hello Dolen,
The answer is no to your questions, The AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is a AM3 socket processor. The Asus Crosshair V forumula-Z is a AM3+ socket. If u want to buy this board u should check out the AMD FX series. These exist from 4 to 8 core processors from €90 to €200.
And u can use the 1866 MHz memory on this board no problem but check out the processor controller. Probably this processor will have max of 1333MHz. So if u want to use 1866 MHz, i advice u to get a newer FX processor.
Greets, Gringjammer

Gringjammer wrote:
Hello Dolen,
The answer is no to your questions, The AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition is a AM3 socket processor. The Asus Crosshair V forumula-Z is a AM3+ socket.

heuuuuuuuuuuu, the answer is yes the 955 BE not only fit on the Croshair V AM3+ but it work well too. As for the RAM, I would suggest to get 1600 mhz, but if you already own 1833, they will probably work

, Grinfjammer if you don't know AMD socket I suggest you don't reply ; the OP already onw a 955, as I can see he plan to purchase a Croshair, so for now he can use is old CPU and purchase a FX later.

dolen
Level 7
thanks area 66

i think ill go head and get it and some 1600 ram then and get the fx 8350 later down the road