cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kapersky installer bundled wityh MVF crashing on Win8?

Gh0st
Level 7
Hello all,

I have a Maximus V Formula. I went to install Kapersky from the included support DVD. Upon starting, it told me my computer was infected, and proceeded to download Kapersky VRT. Which, upon starting, threw a "Client Register Error", and crashed.

So, I have no way right now to install Kapersky from the mobo support DVD. I'm running Win8 Pro, BTW. Does anyone know of a fix?
8 REPLIES 8

Area_66
Level 11
The fix is to use the Windows 8 built in Defender, I never use other thing, aside the Kapersky provided is for Windows 7

Ah. I'm assuming the built in defender is better anyway?
Still, I kinda just wanted to get what I paid for, you know?

Area_66
Level 11
You don't pay for , it's free, please don't tell me you purchase this board because it come with Kapersky. Aside this board was release way before Windows 8 . I have install quite few boards and I never install the Kapersky. You want a tip, install Windows 7 instead.

Gh0st
Level 7
Ah, sorry. No, I did not just purchase the board for that. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I'm not the best with antivirus programs. I know enough to use MB and stay away from AVG and stuff lol. Thanks again!

Area_66
Level 11
Kapersky is not bad, it's better than the one include with Windows 8 and free to download for Windows 7, but I have always use the one of MS without a single problem, the trick is to stay away from problems, a lot of crap come from place like C-Net and download.com, or pirated stuff left and right on the web. those free software don't come alone sometime. If you ask me I use Windows 8 since 14 months now, I have it install on 2 PCs, no choice I have to learn it as my customers will purchase it for sure. If I was you I will install Windows 7.

HOP_TRIZZ
Level 9
Kapersky, is not bad but i would use nod32- or avast these are much better programs, i've never have had a prob with either of them very little mem used for back ground programs, and great for online gaming!

Area_66
Level 11
Why do you need an anti-virus for online gaming ? aside if you download pirated games

feniks
Level 11
the CD bundled Kaspersky seems to be a 2011 version ( I run it on win7), and as far as I know only the version 2013 (latest) is compatible with win8 ...
.: R3C0NF1GUR3D :.
ASUS MVE :: 3770K bench @ 5.2GHz (delidded) :: 2x4GB Mushkin 996990 @ 2400MHz CL10 @ 1.7V :: evga 670 2GB SLI @ 1280/7108 :: Mushkin Chronos 240GB SSD RAID0 (OS) :: WD RE4 2TB (storage) 2TB :: Hitachi Deskstar 5K300 2TB (backup USB3.0) :: ASUS VG248QE 24'' 144Hz monitor

My rig with pictures
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle