cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet problems with the Crosshair V Formula

Retired
Not applicable
Hi, I just made a new computer using the new Crosshair V Formula board, and like the title says I have been experiencing issues with my internet. The two most prominent problems I'm having are high latencies and losing internet for brief moments. As a side note, my download speeds are pretty much on par with what they were before. Also I've downloaded and installed the latest LAN drivers from the Asus site. If anyone has any possible solutions or comments please post, all help is appreciated. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Hi,

Can you please tall me what BIOS version you are using and also what router?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
The BIOS version is 08.00.10

The router is a Netgenar RageMax Wireless Router WPN824v2
I am plugged into the router with an ethernet cable and I am also using an ethernet switch to increase my cable length.

Area_66
Level 11
Increasing. ???? how long this increase ?

Retired
Not applicable
Problem is still there. The ethernet cord I am using is about 100 feet. This shouldn't matter though since it is the exact same set up I had with my previous computer.

Raja
Level 13
What NIC model did your previous motherboard use please (was it also the Intel NIC). I am wondering if the 100 foot cable is causing any of the issues. Is there any way you can try a connection with a shorter cable just to debug the long cable length from the equation?

Either way, there is a new beta BIOS you may want to try also:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b0n5kmw1od1o15d/2728.rar

You can try BIOS 0027 from that download link. 0028 is for benchmarking only, so leave that out for now.

-Raja