cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device manager error code 690 LC

acerzr2
Level 8
I just built a new PC using ASUS maximus Formula V MB, and after installing all drivers, I looked in device manager
and noticed under "other devices" a listing called 690 LC. It says that the driver is missing.
Does anyone know what this is?
12 REPLIES 12

TenBlade
Level 11
What is your complete hardware inventory? Does it include an Antec 920 LiquidCooler?

maximus V formula
intel core i7 3770k
16Gb corsair vengeance 2x8
samsung 840 pro ssd
geforce gtx680
thermaltake water 2.0 extreme AIO water cooler

TenBlade
Level 11
And the cooler installed just right? I´ve heard something about it being the same manufacturer making some of these closed loop coolers. Perhaps even though it´s a TT, it reads as Antec?!

Yeah, cooler is installed and working great. Just checked temps after instaling a bunch of windows updates and temp never got above 30 degrees C. I don't see anything about Antec on the box.

TenBlade
Level 11
You wouldn´t read Antec, manufacturers don´t advertize "yea, we get the parts where everyone else gets them, and just slap our stamp on it" 😉 jk
Hmm, that was probably my two cents worth. Hope some wiz pops by with a bunny in the hat. Good luck, acer!

got it sorted out. once I installed the Thermaltake fan control software, the error in device manager was gone.
thanks for the help!

TenBlade
Level 11
No problem, mate. You did most of the work 😮 And you´ve supplied the forum with a curiosity and a solution! And it can´t be too far off, that the manufacturers take their components for their water coolers from the same stack, and Win recognizes one of them...

FYI: To find the vender ID and Product ID, Look at the properties for any USB device in Device Manager.

On the Details tab, find the Device Instance ID. It will start with: USB\VID_xxxx&PID_yyyy&

xxxx is the hexidecimal vender ID for the device and yyyy is the hex product ID for the device. You should be able to find more on the device with that info.

The device is from NZXT-- in my case it was a Kraken X40 thermal cooler.

The driver you need is SiUSBXp.dll

You can find this under "downloads" for your product at NZXT.com. Note: I couldn't download anything from the driver link in downloads so I downloaded Kraken Control. The setup folder contains the file mentioned above. Good luck!