ROG Enthusiast Array

G46 Win 7 drivers

I want to buy a G46 and install win 7 and the only thing that keeps me on the fence are those bloody win 8 only drivers. I've read somewhere that you can install the G55 win 7 drivers. Has someone tryed doing this? Do they all work?

New ROGer Array

G46 is for Win 8 system, why do you need install Win 7 system? i think you will find the vander driver, but i can not promise it is able to work, but you can try.

ROG Member Array

I think someone mentioned that they installed windows 7 on their g46. I'm just awaiting a response

@Mike, most of us prefer windows 7. I dont like windows 8 at all, if I can find a way to install windows 7 in this I certainly would, but I guess I'm stuck with windows 8

ROG Member Array

I got your PM and responded with the Install process. To answer your other question, yes you can use most windows 7 drivers from the G75 on the G46, a few other drivers you will need to get from the manufacturers website, such as the wifi card from intel website.

New ROGer Array

I can't intall my chipset no matter what I try. It's an i5 3210m.

I tried the intel driver update utility but it runs forever with no results. And I can't find it on google either.

Any clues on what to do?

New ROGer Array

Same story with the graphics card... And maybe with most of the drivers.

I really hope you can help me. It would suck big time to have to change to win 8.

New ROGer Array

In the end, after long battles I got home and copied the drivers from the cd to a dvd. The thing works now, I didin't have the time to teste thoroughly. Just managed to install the most useful drivers.

Still, I'm interested in what you were going to tell me.