Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TeamROG Array

Don't think I will have all four monitors ready for QuakeCon but I will have them ready by PAX. Need to finish plumbing on side, install mobo and GPU in the other, little wire management, cut acrylic handles and replace the ghetto screws in the top part with better ones tomorrow. Then tomorrow night pack it all up to take on the plane. We cannot finish the monitors until we have a screen panel (Danger Den will cut tomorrow and send to the hotel in Dallas, we will finish the monitors at the hotel).

Monitors:

Made backplates for GPUS so I could mount them to the mobo tray:

Sleeving my arse off:

Coming together (wife is gonna kick my tail over this mess):

Crappy pic but it shows the lighting (can control it with a remote fob):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qsghdeKv8

TeamROG Array

QuakeCon went well. I will finish this build by doing two things (will be completed by PAX in three weeks):
    1. Install 4 fan rad in center handle assembly (close it off with acrylic)
    2. Finish custom monitor enclosures and install them
    3. Make up brochures explaining it is a Starfleet Core of Engineers Concept so stop <<insert bad word here>> about how it does not look Star Trekkish dammit I swear people just are so literal and can only think linearly

TeamROG Array

Working on monitor enclosures. Have to tap into the controllers boards to get power for fans I am adding to the enclosures. These boxes will connect to the 'antlers'.

I took the small rads out of the aluminum boxes replacing them with a single rad in the new center housing (split off the T3 dual outputs back and back using Bitspower Y connectors - don't know if there is a benefit but I thought why not)

T3 cover on:

Re-plumbed and ready to fill and leak test. Used Koolance quick disconnects so I can take the top part off for shipping/transport.

I will also sand down that top piece so it sits flush.

TeamROG Array

I hate the monitor enclosures so I am going to design something different. It will continue the green and black design element and will be more like brackets that wrap around the monitor instead of entirely enclosing it. Will look much better. here is the ghetto enclosures installed (was going to install pieces to cover up teh seams by instead time to make it look tight).

TeamROG Array

Internal pix:

Hate the sata cables will redo them

Brian@ASUS
    You know what would be cool, if you had RC Bluetooth and made one of these things and used your phone to mess around with the computer. IPhone RC Bluetooth app and Logitech wireless app. That would be dope.

So what is this rig mimicing from startrek? Ive only seen the movie and maybe one episode when there was a hot chick.

TeamROG Array

This is not copying this is what we envision an Star Fleet Corp of Engineering Team would use on away missions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2