Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array InnervateD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xjoey83x View Post
    Unfortunately I will be selling off my Xonar Phoebus, I preordered a Soundblaster Zxr. In the long run i found any of the software enchancements for the Phoebus made the quality worse on my Beyer DT990s.
    You're better off.
    the Phoebus really won't be able to fully utilize the DT990s, don't get me wrong, but with the software issues right now it's really not worth the headache.

There's about only 2 cards on the market that will do those headphones justice and that would be the Xonar Essence ST/STX and the Creative Soundblaster ZxR when it releases. Creative said mid January to late January is the expected arrival time for the ZxR.

I'll be picking up a ZxR too, as I have just finally received my own Beyerdynamics DT990s too.
    I can't wait to get my pair burned in and and get some amazing sound coming out of these headphones. I heard great things about this set of headphones which made me want to drop the money on some premium studio grade headphones. I picked up the 600 Ohms version so the ZxR will drive these well. The daughter board's a little ugly with the connecting cable connecting on the side of the main card and the daughter card but whatever. I'll only be connecting the digital out for my 5.1 speakers off the daughter board and the headphones out from the main card.
    Last edited by InnervateD; 01-04-2013 at 09:49 PM.

ROG Member Array

So, because of ****ty driver support a lot of people turn (or think) to creative or another SC from asus (inculding my self). Way to go asus, way to go. I just wondering how many programmer do u have to develope the driver? Just one person?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Well creative are not really known for their outstanding driver support either...
    Last edited by Glasofruix; 01-06-2013 at 02:20 PM.

ROG Member Array

Alright so my ZxR came in today and I am marveled at how superb the quality and surround positioning is. +1 for Creative on this one

ROG Member Array

ZXR would be good for me as i need anaolgue surround outputs.

ROG just need to get the driver right for this card - I for one is having SLI issues with Phoebus installed. love the sound quality but SLI issue is really annoying.
    GPU: SLI EVGA GTX 680 Classifieds, MB: EVGA Z77 FTW, CPU: i7 3770k (4.7ghz & replaced TIM with Liquid Pro), RAM: Trident X 2400mhz 2x8gb, SSD: Crucial M4 256gb, HDD: Seagate Barracude 2tb, ODD: Asus Bluray burner, PSU: Seasonic 1000w Platinum, WC: Custom, Mon: 3x Benq GL2450, Audio: Asus ROG Phoebus, KB: CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Blue), Mouse: Logitech G9x.

ROG Enthusiast Array

did you try the sound card in a pcie slot not designed for sli? what about the nvidia hd audio driver installed by default is that turned off

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ozzydog153 View Post
    did you try the sound card in a pcie slot not designed for sli? what about the nvidia hd audio driver installed by default is that turned off
    yes i have installed the sound card in all possible locations and the result is the same.

if i turn off HD audio device i have no audio at all.
    GPU: SLI EVGA GTX 680 Classifieds, MB: EVGA Z77 FTW, CPU: i7 3770k (4.7ghz & replaced TIM with Liquid Pro), RAM: Trident X 2400mhz 2x8gb, SSD: Crucial M4 256gb, HDD: Seagate Barracude 2tb, ODD: Asus Bluray burner, PSU: Seasonic 1000w Platinum, WC: Custom, Mon: 3x Benq GL2450, Audio: Asus ROG Phoebus, KB: CM Storm Trigger (Cherry MX Blue), Mouse: Logitech G9x.

ROG Enthusiast Array

so your using hdmi from the gforce card as your audio output ?

ROG Member Array

noop audio through phoebus

ROG Enthusiast Array

wow! i turned hd audio off in the nvidia control pnl because it was outputting audio through my hdmi to my monitor speakers. the only thing with a green checkbox now in playback devices is the phoebus and it is working fine except for the swapping of the front and rear channels. sounds like your nvidia hd audio and the phoebus are having a conflict. someone said choose expert when you install your nvidia drivers and uncheck the hd audio driver so it is never installed in the first place

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast