Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydwicked View Post
    Which on the list did you download and got it to work? The ones listed on the wireless list doesn't have any .exe files so I don't know how to install those so I got the one from the utilities. I installed the latest one from the utilties and wifi came on but it stays on with the fn + f2 key being completely useless to turn on or off. I freshely installed windows 7 ulitimate over windows 8 which my g75vx came with. So, did you manage to get your fn +f2 key to work with the toggling of the wifi on or off? If you do, please provide some detailed insights on how to resolve it.
    In the Wireless list, I downloaded the most updated version (version 6.30.95.26) but if you got it to work, hey, congratulations! As for the fn+f2 problem, that sounds like a touchpad driver problem. A lot of people had the same problem but with fn+f9, but it's been fixed. Try this (thanks to @cjonash): "I managed to get tne fn+F9 to work by installing the touchpad driver from the supplied CD (it is the Win 8 version, but it also works for Win 7). I just run the install exe-file."
    This worked for me. Installed this driver, rebooted... et voilá! Hope it works for you...
    Asus G75VX-T4022P
    Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
    Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
    Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
    Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
    Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

ROG Enthusiast Array johnnydwicked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuLaXa View Post
    In the Wireless list, I downloaded the most updated version (version 6.30.95.26) but if you got it to work, hey, congratulations! As for the fn+f2 problem, that sounds like a touchpad driver problem. A lot of people had the same problem but with fn+f9, but it's been fixed. Try this (thanks to @cjonash): "I managed to get tne fn+F9 to work by installing the touchpad driver from the supplied CD (it is the Win 8 version, but it also works for Win 7). I just run the install exe-file."
    This worked for me. Installed this driver, rebooted... et voilá! Hope it works for you...
    My g75vx didn't come with the driver or recover disc from windows 8. I downloaded the touch pad driver from the Asus support site and all my f keys work but the problem is that the wifi will not respond to the fn + f2 key even though an icon appears when I press the fn+f2 key showing either "all wireless device on or off" but it doesn't really affect the wifi at all. The wifi still remains on even though I turn it off with the f2 key. I wonder if I go buy a windows 8 pro oem, I wonder if it will fix all the driver issues? Cuz currently, my windows 7 experience feels handicapped on my G75vx.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by johnnydwicked View Post
    My g75vx didn't come with the driver or recover disc from windows 8. I downloaded the touch pad driver from the Asus support site and all my f keys work but the problem is that the wifi will not respond to the fn + f2 key even though an icon appears when I press the fn+f2 key showing either "all wireless device on or off" but it doesn't really affect the wifi at all. The wifi still remains on even though I turn it off with the f2 key. I wonder if I go buy a windows 8 pro oem, I wonder if it will fix all the driver issues? Cuz currently, my windows 7 experience feels handicapped on my G75vx.
    Then the only thing i can think of to help you is try unninstalling that accesories driver that you used to make the wi-fi work and install the actual wireless driver from that link i sent. Other than that i haven't really heard of your problem, so i can't help you. If your problem persists, feel free to make a new thread on the forum or search, maybe someone has had the same problem you're having now?
    Asus G75VX-T4022P
    Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
    Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
    Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
    Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
    Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3