Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    ROG Member Array

I need to stress that this issue is still NOT 100% resolved albeit 'better' they still need to sort it correctly.

Someone needs to kick the BIOS ROM Development team up the ass or sack them one or the other. How the hell can a server class board have such poor support.
    NOTE: 700 series GPUS have the SAME ISSUE.

New ROGer Array

Hi everyone! I'm having problems to install a Firepro w7000 AMD graphic card, I don't know if this problem is because ASUS Z9PE D8 WS doesn't recognize AMD cards. Please help me!... Sorry for my bad english! Grettings from PERU

ROG Member Array

I am glad to see this thread to know there is some history with my problem. The descriptions of the issue I have is exactly the same as me. My issue is after the install of NVidia 770 GTX video card. With that card installed, I can only get a b2 code to show up on every boot. I have cleared CMOS, swapped slots (3 is best for my other cards to be most stable).

Its been a while since the last post, does that mean there are no more issues for folks?? BIOS is far updated since the 3xxx series you are using. However, my issue is with BIOS 5206 & same in 5004. I cannot revert back to 3302 when all was happy. All published methods failed. The message I get with EasyBIOS 2.0 is "BIOS is outdated".

Anyone else found the solution??? no posts since 8/4/13 might indicate yes...

ROG Member Array

Nope. Still broken as it was on day 1 of the thread. No new posts lately because Asus doesn't care enough to do anything, and the rest of us gave up.

In every way possible, I've been avoiding all Asus products of any kind. A company that will not back its workstation-class products can't be trusted to properly support anything else they sell.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

I now have a beta BIOS update (5353) for GTX 700 series cards. Please PM me to send you. It will be publicly available in 3-4 weeks.

New ROGer Array

I'm having very similar problems as described in this OP ~1 year ago? Recently I purchased a 780 Ti and I'm only getting display from 1 monitor the other monitor is not recognized. Also, the monitor that is detected works on all video outputs. Any secondary card again is not supported.

Never had this problem with PCI-E 2.0 GPUs.

Is there a quick fix for this problem?

New ROGer Array

MarshallR@ASUS :

I'm having different issues than the OP, but they seem to be related. My issues are related to the dual speed PCI-E slots (x8 / x16). The GPU probably negotiates the speed at computer startup with the motherboard/bios.

Thing is it doesn't work properly... if I put the GPU on slot 5 or 7 (fixed speed), then I get post and proper slot speed. But this is problematic for me due to the internal config of all the cards I'm using.

Does this beta bios fix this ? Maybe you can escalate this to the bios team ?

My GPU is an ASUS GTX 680 DirectCU II 4Gb (3 slots version), I'm actually running the latest released bios.

ROG Member Array

is your RAM compatible to this mobo?

ROG Member Array

Asus isn't going to fix it. Ever.

I've since sold my Z9PE-D8 WS farm and moved on to SuperMicro. The change set me back about $3200. Big surprise, the SM boards work flawlessly. If you still have your receipt, return this piece of junk.

They have had well over a year to fix it, and still nothing.

Guess that's what I get for buying a workstation-class board from a company that builds motherboards for playing games on.

I went through 4 different beta BIOS that were sent to me by Asus tech support. None changed anything. I don't think they have any idea what the problem really is.

Only satisfaction I get now from all this is when I do my big orders for work, I'm always sure to buy ZERO Asus hardware.
    Last edited by Slash-2CPU; 02-16-2014 at 09:17 PM.

ROG Member Array

Hello. I am going to assembly a workstation with two E5-2660 and a Quadro K6000.
    I am waiting the motherboard to come.
    Should I do something particular? Is there a PCI-E slot that I should use to void problems?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11