cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA/Repairs for G73JH

Retired
Not applicable
I had a thread awhile ago about my g73 randomly freezing. Through that, we discovered that there were some temp issues.

Last night my GPU was at 95 C while playing a game of League of Legends. I do not feel comfortable with those kind of temps--it also idles at 75-80.

The CPU was also pretty hot, although not as dangerously hot.

From what I understand, there's a center in Fremont, CA. I live about 40 minutes from there and will actually be in the area next week. Is it possible to just take it in there? Or perhaps there are other places I can take it and have it repaired via warranty.
12 REPLIES 12

xeromist
I don't believe that they have a front counter, but I could be wrong.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Chastity
Level 10
Actually, they do have a Walk-In Service and Pick-Up. 🙂 I'd just call ahead to find out hours and procedure.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Chastity wrote:
Actually, they do have a Walk-In Service and Pick-Up. 🙂 I'd just call ahead to find out hours and procedure.

Sweet! Glad I was wrong 🙂
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks, will do.

Retired
Not applicable
So, I was doing a bit of research. My fans are only going at 30%... ever. Should I see about boosting up those fan speeds first? See i that fixes my temp problem?

They should actually be speeding themselves up automatically, which indicates a problem... might want to get it checked out.

Retired
Not applicable
Hmmmn, well I do have an RMA request. But I have tinkered in the BIOS before before the occasional reformat. I might have changed an option. is there a way to see if I somehow checked off the automatic speed changing?

irdmoose
Level 10
Not sure, but you could always reset the bios to defaults from the menu (I don't know if there's a CMOS reset button hiddden somewere, but if there is that'd wor too).

Retired
Not applicable
Where can I mess with the fan settings in the bios? I'm still on 211--do I need to upgrade to 213?