cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g53jw problem with the 3 button panel upper left corner

solosuper
Level 7
one button for light in keyboard one for boost and one for 3d. They worked well for some time, but after about 10 hour use of the computer they dont work anymore. anyone know what to do?
8 REPLIES 8

solosuper
Level 7
cant get light in the keyboard. i see light in the keyboard just a sec when i start the computer. cant use fn f3 f4 either

fn f5 f6 is ok. but that just regulate light on screen.

i fixed this once, but dont remember how. anyone ? i know the answer is in this forum but cant find it after a search ...

try to find ATKPackage_WIN7_32_WIN7_64_z100007

dstrakele
Level 14
Try going to "Control Panel-Uninstall a program", right-clicking on ATK Package, and choosing "Repair" from the popup menu. Then restart your system.

If that fails, use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the problem occurred.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Uninstall the ATK package reboot, install the ATK package from the driver cd that you got with your notebook.... I'll see if I can find one for your model, couldn't see it in Asus support

EDIT: @dstrakele you're reading my mind I was going to edit my post and write this too:
dstrakele wrote:

If that fails, use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the problem occurred.

hehe 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

dstrakele
Level 14
That's good! Windows System Restore is an easy way to undo problems that is frequently overlooked. I try to mention it wherever it's applicable.

If folks got in the habit of creating a Restore Point BEFORE installing a new driver or program, there would be a lot fewer problem posts on this forum.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
That's good! Windows System Restore is an easy way to undo problems that is frequently overlooked. I try to mention it wherever it's applicable.

If folks got in the habit of creating a Restore Point BEFORE installing a new driver or program, there would be a lot fewer problem posts on this forum.

Agreed!

I noticed recently that my System Restore wasn't turned on -.-
But now it is, so I hope I have set the settings for it correctly hehe 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

n3tninja
Level 9
It happened to me as well, quite annoying when you join a CS server and the sound is ****ing loud as hell. So I have a shortcut to ATK on my desktop.
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.