cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52F Notebook power issue

dhanushka
Level 7
hi,
sorry to post this here. the ASUS tech support form indicates that S/N is wrong and won't allow me to report the issue.

i have an ASUS A52F notebook. an year ago it had problems with USB ports and fortunately i was able to get it fixed through ASUS local agents since i had 1 year international warranty. now it seems to have a power problem. and unfortunately the technical support form says my product S/N is wrong. this was the same S/N that i used an year ago to report the problem then to ASUS tech support!! so im posting it here to see if i can get any help.

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Problem Description:
machine suddenly goes off while running. when it is turned on again, says it was not properly shut down(the usual stuff Windows displays). no blue screen or whatever. checked this with the battery alone, without the AC adapter connected. still it happens. nothing wrong with the AC adapter. battery is charging. it is as if power to the motherboard is suddenly lost regardless it is running on battery or AC power.sometimes this happens after about 5-10 minutes from booting the machine.rarely it works fine without any problem.
3 REPLIES 3

Pitcher1
Level 9
SN is wrong? if wrong how is able to provid to ASUS locate TSD to solve USB port?
you mean when you do something with laptop and after while the laptop will auto shotdown?
please issue RMA to check if you can.

Q:"SN is wrong? if wrong how is able to provid to ASUS locate TSD to solve USB port?"
A:an year ago this same SN was valid and i was able to contact the technical support. at that time the warranty was still valid.

Q:"you mean when you do something with laptop and after while the laptop will auto shotdown?"
A:no shutdown. just powers off. "machine suddenly goes off while running. when it is turned on again, says it was not properly shut down"

what do you mean by "issue RMA"?

cl-scott
Level 12
If you're in the North America region, you can PM or email with the serial number and your previous RMA # if you have it. I can look it up. Outside of NA, then I'm afraid I can't do much to help, but maybe Mike can. That's what he was asking for, your previous RMA #.