cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first build

greenster24
Level 7
hey guys im am new to pc build and i have a basic ideal what i want but not completky sure and comments wold be helpful

CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB (8x8 GB)
Storage: WD RE 4 TB Enterprise Hard Drive
Storage:WD RE 4 TB Enterprise Hard Drive
Storage: Intel 320 Series 600 GB SATA 3.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid-State Drive
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX690 X2
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified 1500W Modular
Optical Drive: Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA
Optical Drive: Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Internal
Monitor:Asus VS247H-P 24-Inch
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Full (64-bit)
Keyboard:Thermaltake Esports Challenger Pro USB Keyboard
mouse :Mad Catz R.A.T. 9 Professional Wireless Gaming Mouse

i have a few fans i will add to case for more cooling but this is my idea i want this to be a gaming pc for me to play all the great games on.
thanks
matt
17 REPLIES 17

chrsplmr
Level 18
That's your idea of a 'basic' idea ?? hahahhaa .. WOW !!! This will be awesome. Congrats.c.

kkn
Level 14
have in mind that there are those that have had problems whit 2 690's together. <- think hard on this!!!
read in the nvidia section on this forum and you will see why i advice using one 690 or use 2 x 680's.
and you will go a long way whit only one 690 realy, or you can do 2 x 680 ( witch outperforms 1 690 in sli ).
for games on that, 16gig is more then enough, drop down on the SSD and get another one so you can have the games on, and one for OS, you will not regret on doing that.

Area_66
Level 11
greenster24 wrote:

i have a few fans i will add to case for more cooling but this is my idea i want this to be a gaming pc for me to play all the great games on.
thanks
matt

if you want more cooling, drop the H 100 and go with a real water loop, aside of what KKN said, a i7-3730k will do the same and pay for the water loop

area 66 can u give me a link to a good water cooling set that also has blocks for the sli cards

greenster24 wrote:
area 66 can u give me a link to a good water cooling set that also has blocks for the sli cards

EK make kits, but you still have to build it yourself, so you can choose the part, no need for a kit. Where do you live, I will try to link you something you can purchase in your country

no 3gig ssd

greenster24
Level 7
kkn i wanted to do 3 monitors would how many gbs would i need in each card for it to run smove

greenster24
Level 7
also is there any better ssd cards than intel that will work the 3.0 gbs types

greenster24 wrote:
also is there any better ssd cards than intel that will work the 3.0 gbs types

the 6gig ssd's??
would be a lot easyer to know where you are from, so we could probably find a store that have your currency and give you a sugestion from that?
and for a WB for the cards, we have to know what cards you want ( no card or part setup on them is alike )