Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Memory Setup Guide For Maximus V Motherboards

There are two easy ways to setup your RAM speed:
    1. Loading the X.M.P. profile.
    2. Manually configuring all the settings.

1. Loading the X.M.P. profile

1. Change the Ai Overclock Tuner to X.M.P.

2. You'll see the X.M.P. profile loaded. There are certain RAM kits that offer more than one profile. In that case, you just need to select the speed you'd like to run the RAM at.

3. Press F10. Save and exit BIOS.

2. Manually configuring all the settings.

1. Change the Ai Overclock Tuner to Manual.

2. Select Memory Frequency and choose your RAM's advertised speed.

3. Click the DRAM Timing Control option and you'll be greeted with the following screen.

4. Time to input all primary memory timings for your RAM. You can find these timings on the box that they came in, on the sticker of each RAM stick or at the manufacturer's website.

5. Return to the Extreme Tweaker screen and scroll down to the DRAM voltage option. Once again, you can find the specific voltage your RAM needs on the box that they came in, on the sticker of each RAM stick or at the manufacturer's website.

6. Press F10. Save and exit BIOS.
    Last edited by Chino; 10-29-2013 at 12:37 AM.

nice one chino, shoulda have been a sticky this one ( starts hinting :P )

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Thanks you sharing!

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Nice guide my friend. Now do this one in Spanish for me please.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG AirWays Captain Array TenBlade's Avatar

Thanks for sharing! I get so calm when I see BIOS step-by-step screenies Yea, would make a nice sticky. I´ll stick it to my subscriptions.

Spanish version is finished. Yeah, I felt that having some images up would be more visually appealing than just reading.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Cheers thank you I will hit you up via IM/Skype tomorrow in that case.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sorry for noob question..Im using corsair dominator 1866Mhz 8Gb (2x4) currently in my desktop..I've follow this guide to setup my RAM speed and its working, from 6++ to 933Mhz..its based on the cpu id..a question is, does the 933Mhz that show in the cpu id represent for the both sticks or jus one stick??..

Good job on setting up your RAM succesfully! And there is no such thing as a noob question. All feedback is positive feedback. Ok, down to business.

When you're setting up the frequency of your RAM, you're doing it for all the sticks that you're running on the motherboard. So it doesn't matter if you're running 1 stick, 2 sticks, 4 or 8 sticks of RAM. When you configure them to run at a certain speed, they'll all run at that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Br41nH34d View Post
    Sorry for noob question..Im using corsair dominator 1866Mhz 8Gb (2x4) currently in my desktop..I've follow this guide to setup my RAM speed and its working, from 6++ to 933Mhz..its based on the cpu id..a question is, does the 933Mhz that show in the cpu id represent for the both sticks or jus one stick??..
    Yes, all your RAM is running at 1866. If you are in doubt take 933 and multiply it by 2. DDR stands for "Double Data Rate" so that's where the multiplication comes in. This is not to be confused with dual channel operation. That simply means that each memory channel can access two RAM modules simultaneously.
    Asus P8P67 WS Revolution |2600K @ 5Ghz | GTX 570 SLI
    16GB Corsair VengeanceLP 7-8-8-24 1600 @ 8-9-9-24 1866
    PCP&C Silencer MK II 950 | Asus Xonar DX | Corsair 650D
    Corsair H100 w/ 4 AP-15s

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast