Storage #1ssd evo samsung
    CPU Coolercorsair 110i
    Caselian li armorsuit
    Power Supplycorsair 850
    Keyboard razer
    Mouse razer
    Headset creative
    Mouse Pad razer

this is an awesome guide for beginers like myself reading and looking at the images is the best you canot make a mistake this way .

ROG Enthusiast Array CodeMe PC Specs
    CodeMe PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maxamus 111
    ProcessorFX 8350 + 8 Core
    OS Windows 8.1 X64Bit.. Forgot that that Windows 10 Crap
    Network RouterTalkTalk Standered Black Crap inline with another white Box.(Fiber Optic)

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    So technically just by setting up your RAM to run at its factory specifications is considered overclocking in Intel's eyes.
    Firstly This is a Bloody Great Guide you've done here Mate.. & I see it's Helping a lot of User's
    Including Myself, reading this this evening have learnt a Bit about my ROG BIOS & Setting RAM timings Correctly to Factory Timings..

On the other Hand Pointing to your Above Quote, That's so wrong of Intel, If we have to set our Ram to the correct Factory setting & something go's wrong & you RMA & explain Honestly what we did, Intel could turn round & tell us to go suck a Chip!

I bet a few have lost there warranty with this

Anyway Thanks Again Chino
    CPU:- AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz
    MOBO:- Crosshair v formula
    BIOS:- Crosshair v bios 1703
    COOLING:- Antec Kuhler H20 920
    RAM:- Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz
    GRAPHICS:- MSI Geforce GTX 670 OC Twin Frozr Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5
    MAIN DRIVES:- 2x Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300
    STORAGE:- 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
    CASE:- Antec Dark Fleet Series DF35 Gaming
    PSU:- OCZ Stealth X Stream-2 700W
    KEYBOARD:- TT eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

I'm glad you enjoyed the guide, CodeMe.

I totally agree with you on the voltage issue. I think Intel knows that more and more users are getting into overclocking. As a preventive measure to avoid having to deal with tons of dead CPUs, they rather play it safe and use much lower specifications. Perhaps it's a form of convincing you to pay the extra for their Performance Tuning Protection Plan. This is just pure speculation on my part, of course.

It's funny. I mean if you look at their Datasheet for their 4th Generation Intel Core Processors (Haswell), the official supported memory frequencies are 1333MHz or 1600Mhz. And the voltage they consider as safe is 1.5V. How many of us have been running memory way faster than 1600MHz with voltages much higher than 1.5V since their 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors (Sandy Bridge)? LOL And I have yet to read a case about the CPU dying. So do we know their CPUs are capable of more than the official specifications? Heck yes. Intel just won't admit it.

As a matter of fact, a lot of the cheaper memory kits use 1.65V. I use to run a pair of 1600MHz sticks at 1.65V. And yeah 1.65V was the manufacturer's official voltage for that kit. Most of those kits that run at high frequencies with low voltages such as 1.5V are mostly performance kits which means you pay a premium price for it. For example, I've seen kits as high as 2133MHz run at 1.5V but basically anything over that will require 1.65V. Heck, even those new 3000MHz kits that many companies are advertising being Haswell compatible are running at 1.65V.

So what does it all come down to? The user. If you're the play it safe, I follow all the official specifications kind of user, then get yourself one of those Samsung low voltage 1.35V kits. Or if you're the performance seeking kind of user, you just prefer to ignore what Intel says. LOL

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMe View Post
    F

I bet a few have lost there warranty with this
    Nope not once. Intel have never refused a RMA for over clocking memory, not once. I have this directly from the source...
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

CodeMe PC Specs
    Network RouterTalkTalk Standered Black Crap inline with another white Box.(Fiber Optic)

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Nope not once. Intel have never refused a RMA for over clocking memory, not once. I have this directly from the source...
    @Chino

Nice Peace there Man, And I totally have to agree. However I'm Not a play it safe NOR a Performance Nut lol
    I Just like a Board with it's CPU n Memory Fine Tweaked Neither Stock setting or to wildly Overclocked I'm just the Guy in the Middle
    Personally I think there's fine Line somewhere In the Middle where a Board becomes to Much Over done & not enough
    If you understand where I'm coming from. To me there Like a Motor Bike's engine they have to be finely tuned

Nope not once. Intel have never refused a RMA for over clocking memory, not once. I have this directly from the source..

Really ? Not one.. Damn that's Pretty Good of Intel, They must like the easy life & choose to do Accept the RMA's.

Because I'm pretty sure there as to of been a few returned dead due to Overclocking. There's got to of been lol

Anyway Thanks Guys, Been an Interesting Read

CodeMe PC Specs

hmm OK So I just gotten round to setting all this up, But when i enter the BIOS for manual settings all I see is either AUTO or Manual or D.O.C.P But no XMP which I.m sure it was there with my last CPU the FX 6100. Also running the 1703-BIOS so I can't Understand where it's gone, Also this time there is a UEFI options with-in the BIOS But sure I never seen them before, I Guess with being more active here I'm reading & seeing more things & It's just a case of I'm more aware of them in the BIOS now due to reading about them. the UEFI I mean.

So Now I'm confused again how would iI get the XMP to show My Board is CHvf (Non Z)

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) are only supported on Intel platforms. Neverthless Asus developed what they call D.O.C.P. which is the equivalent to the XMP feature. What D.O.C.P. does is configure a bunch of different options to match the memory's profile.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

AMD v Intel = how they each do memory is a little different.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

where i can get that program?
    ASUS G75VW
    CPU: intel core I7 - 3630QM , 2.4GHZ / 3.4GHZ
    GPU: NVIDEA GEFORCE GTX 670M , 3GB DDR5
    MEMORY: 16 GB , 1600MHZ DDR3
    HDD: 256SSD + 750 HDD

Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 3543.0107MHz - - - XTU marks on HWBOT

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast