cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Vulcan Pro in the US?!?

Emoreignz
Level 7
I live in the US (CA), and have wanted the Vulcan Pros for a while now. I saw the ANC version during the summer and when I heard about the Pro version on the Asus RoG Australia Youtube I was elated. Sadly I just read that the Vulcan Pros won't be released in America in a forum thread on this website posted by a RoG official. Why is this? I don't want to settle for the Orions. I want the red and black color combo. I have other RoG products and am going to buy more when I need them and they can suite my need (which happens a lot). Again, just wondering why they won't be released in the US? I have an obnoxious sister, complaining mom, brother who watches Youtube all day behind me: I need that ANC offered by the Vulcans (the spitfire would be great for the gaming portion though). All my friends on skype can hear the background noise and you can tell that it's annoying them.

Thank you in advance,
Emoreignz
10 REPLIES 10

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Uhhh ok so you need ANC, I can understand that need...why not just get the original Vulcan ANC headset?

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Uhhh ok so you need ANC, I can understand that need...why not just get the original Vulcan ANC headset?

Yes, ANC will do, the question is why isn't it being released in the US? I would also like to know the reason.

ANC is nice, no doubt. However, the regular Vulcan Pros do me just fine. My wife pretty much has to scream at me to get my attention and that is with the ANC off.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

The ANC would be just fine for me, but the spit fire is what I'm eyeing on the pros. I won't have a sound card for a while as a second monitor would benefit me more. So I got really excited when the Vulcans came with a spitfire and ANC. Plus they're only $150 and the right color combo. It's perfect! Except they're not in America. Really depressing. Any suggestions on a different headset that fits that bill under $200?

Thanks

cl-scott
Level 12
Had to make sure I wouldn't be violating any NDAs before saying anything, but the Vulcan Pro should be released in the US this month. So just keep checking your favorite Asus reseller(s) for when they get some stock in.

Thank you! I'll pick them ASAP.

Raja
Level 13
AFAIK those are Orion Pro, not Vulcan Pro. Not sure when/if we are getting stock of the Vulcan Pro. There is always the chance that Scott knows more than I do as I work remote, although if it were the case I SHOULD know about it (did not know the NDAs were so tight as to leave me out of the loop lol). 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:
AFAIK those are Orion Pro, not Vulcan Pro. Not sure when/if we are getting stock of the Vulcan Pro. There is always the chance that Scott knows more than I do as I work remote, although if it were the case I SHOULD know about it (did not know the NDAs were so tight as to leave me out of the loop lol). 🙂

Keeping the shop talk to a minimum here: Brandon sent out an email where it clearly listed the Vulcan AND Orion Pro for a Jan release date. So you can ask him for a copy of the email.

Emoreignz
Level 7
As soon as they come out I'll be sure to pick them up. Thanks for verifying scott and Raja.
~Emoreignz