cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My G55VW can't play planetside 2?

Seth31
Level 7
So I've just installed planetside 2, and want to play it, but then when i first log in, i check for the fps, using alt+f in game, it's perfectly fine around 20-30 fps, but when I look into some open-wide area the fps dropped into <10, my graphic quality is medium with fog blur, motion blur and one other option i forgot, and change the FOV to the max can someone help me with it?
15 REPLIES 15

ChillKill
Level 7
i have the same problem with my g75 gtx 600m core +135 mem +500

it would drop also to 8 fps and some times crash when it was very crowded

when i checked planetside 2 forum lots of poeple have the same issues game crashing and fps droppin to 10 fps, so the game is kinda buggy at this time.

what i do now is play at medium , shadows low , with motion and ambient oclusion off, render quality 85 %, vertical sync off, and get 40-60 fps

when im in a very heavy,crowded epic battle my fps drop to 25-30 and i swich to low settings and get a stedy 40 fps

hope i helped a bit.

Seth31
Level 7
How about your FOV? should i lower it?

ChillKill
Level 7
what you mean by FOV?

Field of view

Higher FOV on bottom vs Lower one on top

Pitcher1
Level 9
how is other games, is it able to play?

mrwolf
Level 10
Hmm, well guys currently i have managed to do some SERIOUS tweaking lol and can finally run Planetside 2 with Ultra settings on my G75vw 😄 (ultra settings can be achieved by editing the useroptions.ini file)

My fps is usually 40-80 and drops down to 25-30fps in those BIG battles when the CPU bottlenecks.

Now i will put up a full guide to achieve maximum fps on our G-series laptops, but the first thing you guys should do is, when in game, press ALT + F.
This will bring up a little fps counter on the bottom left that also has a CPU/GPU tag on it. It basically tells you what is limiting your fps, so for example when you go in massive battles and have 100+ people in one tower, your fps will most probably go to 25-30fps and the counter will say CPU next to it. So you need to basically see what is limiting you most, so that you know what settings you can put up, and what you can lower..

I will put up a very usefull guide for all your PS2 players at some point tonight 🙂 Also keep in mind, there are HUGE updates coming to PS2 this month 😄 including a big meta-game patch and optimization patch for better fps 🙂

awesome man looking forward for that guide 😄

Area_66
Level 11
This games is really CPU demanding, it crawl my i7-2600k at 50 fps in a big battles

mrwolf
Level 10