cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange hwbot submisson

RonanC
Level 10
just noticed this. How is this guy managing to get over 2k more points than me at lower clocks?

http://hwbot.org/submission/2338949_cowgut_3dmark_vantage___performance_geforce_gtx_680_49581_marks

He is running much lower memory oc and core than me and i also score 2k more cpu points than him.

Looks like he is on xp? Could that make such a difference v win 7.

Cant understand how his dcii is scoring so high at much lower clocks than my top
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15
Actually, he's running W7. He's using the Classic theme. But that isn't the difference maker. One possible reason can be his RAM's speed. He's running twice your speed.

Have you tweaked your Nvidia Panel settings for your run? Or is everything at default?

RonanC
Level 10
he is running 2400mhz, I run 2133mhz, I cant see how that would make him score so much higher especially with lower gpu clocks than me..

NVIDIA control panel stock? is there a recommended profile for benching? 🙂

RonanC wrote:
he is running 2400mhz, I run 2133mhz, I cant see how that would make him score so much higher especially with lower gpu clocks than me..

NVIDIA control panel stock? is there a recommended profile for benching? 🙂

LOL. Your 3DMark validation link said you were running RAM at 667Mhz. I was like WTF.

hahaha yeah not sure why that is lol, check cpuz though.. 😄

yes thats normal

HiVizMan
Level 40
He is tweaking his system better than you are, and ram frequency will make some difference too. Plus LOD at least 6% gain just with that. The new drivers allow him to set LOD using nVidea inspector.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RonanC
Level 10
cheers Hiviz.. I must look into LOD, wasnt aware that can be changed..

HiVizMan
Level 40
Only with certain newer drivers. Before those not possible.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

RonanC
Level 10
awesome thanks m8. I am running the latest beta ones.. this will give me something to do for the day 😄