Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6Gb/s RAID

Retired
Not applicable
Hi all

Im starting a new thread because i cant find nothing answering on my question

On Rampage III BE there is 2 SATA III ports so i thought i throw 2 that kind of HDD's on it and RAID them. Having that i cant go to RAID manager and MB just see one of HDD. Is it possible to do that kind of configuration?

PS. Everything is set up for Raid in BIOS and two of the HDD are exactly the same.

mkvtec
33 REPLIES 33

xeromist
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Are you saying that you want to see the drives presented as a single drive and they are not, or you want to access the drives individually and you can only see them as a single drive? What RAID level are you trying to set up (RAID 0, RAID 1, etc)?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Are you saying that you want to see the drives presented as a single drive and they are not, or you want to access the drives individually and you can only see them as a single drive? What RAID level are you trying to set up (RAID 0, RAID 1, etc)?

Hi xeromist THe idea was to buy 2 of SATA6 drives plug them into SATA6 sockets on MB (gray one's) and then put them into RAID0 mode.
I can only put them in to RAID0 config when they are plugged in to normal SATA2 socket.

mkvtec wrote:
Hi xeromist THe idea was to buy 2 of SATA6 drives plug them into SATA6 sockets on MB (gray one's) and then put them into RAID0 mode.
I can only put them in to RAID0 config when they are plugged in to normal SATA3 socket.

Hi,

We are still waiting on an updated Marvell OPROM that allows us to incorporate RAID into the current R3E BE BIOS - provided that Marvell come through with the OPROM.

-Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

We are still waiting on an updated Marvell OPROM that allows us to incorporate RAID into the current R3E BE BIOS - provided that Marvell come through with the OPROM.

-Raja

Hey is there a time frame of the new BIOS?

with friendly greetings

Retired
Not applicable
Raja@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

-Raja

kfc wrote:
Hey is there a time frame of the new BIOS?

Hi,

I too am interested in setting up a 6GB/s RAID0 partition. Can we get any confirmation as to whether Marvell are actually working on this?

Thank you in advance.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

-Raja

How come Marvell make one for Giga and not for Asus ?

Gigabyte probably engaged with Marvell in the development cycle of the G1.Assassin before ASUS did, so Marvell is laggin behind on this one, or ASUS is lagging and just not letting it be known.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Z3roSix
Level 7
I believe the sata 3 does not use the intel controller but another one, i think it can be found "onboard devices configurations" and labeled "Onboard SATA6G Controller" you probably find the setting there, that said i don't know if the onboard controller supports raid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Humans TOP 3 best friends:

1.Dogs
2.Google Search
3.Zip Tie

KILLER_K
Level 10
Jmicron raid is what you are using. Go into the bios and select, Advanced and then onboard devices.
1) Jmicron controller {raid}
2) Onboard sata6g controller {enable}

Then when you see the jmicron screen hit ctrl +I to go into the setup. Select both drives using the space bar. And then go through each step, they will all be set correctly. Good luck.