Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: usb issue

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bei Fei View Post
    I cannot enable wake on features. I set them to enabled and they go directly back to disabled.

icemanjs what did you do to take card of the issue?

Are you setting the resume options in BIOS and then saving and exiting? They should not revert on their own accord, so this is strange.

You can also try setting the USB ports from PCH to NEC in BIOS - this sorts USB issues for some users.

-Raja

ROG Enthusiast Array

I cannot enable wake on features. I set them to enabled and they go directly back to disabled.

icemanjs what did you do to take card of the issue?
    nothing just did what raja said and i reinstalled windows os

ROG Member Array

Ok my ports are working again. I am not sure how or why....

I started my computer last night and failed to boot a few times and i received overclock failed msg at post. I have had no issues booting for the longest time. I am completely stable running at 5Ghz 1.43 Vcore. Once in BIOS I hit F10 and restarted with no issues. Booted into windows and my USB ports were back. I only noticed because it had to reinstall drivers for that port. This is a very wired problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array

raja which usb driver do i install the one that says
    Renesas(NEC) USB3.0 Controller Driver V2.0.32.0 for Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit & 64bit or the one that says
    NEC USB 3.0 Driver V2.0.4.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7?

and for sata using intel ssd510s i use the intel drivers right as i have them plugged into the red ones next to the grey

Quote Originally Posted by icemanjs View Post
    raja which usb driver do i install the one that says
    Renesas(NEC) USB3.0 Controller Driver V2.0.32.0 for Windows XP/Vista/7 32bit & 64bit or the one that says
    NEC USB 3.0 Driver V2.0.4.0 for Windows 32/64bit XP & Windows 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7?

and for sata using intel ssd510s i use the intel drivers right as i have them plugged into the red ones next to the grey
    Look at the date on them please, it is listed - use the newer one.

They are both for the same controller, one will be newer.

-Raja

Ok my ports are working again. I am not sure how or why....

I started my computer last night and failed to boot a few times and i received overclock failed msg at post. I have had no issues booting for the longest time. I am completely stable running at 5Ghz 1.43 Vcore. Once in BIOS I hit F10 and restarted with no issues. Booted into windows and my USB ports were back. I only noticed because it had to reinstall drivers for that port. This is a very wired problem.

Your issues could be overclocking related - what BCLK are you running?

If the USB ports keep disappearing, return to stock and see if it still happens there.

-Raja

ROG Member Array

I ran at stock for about two weeks without and changes. I have my BCLK @ 100. There is some sort of problem with many people reporting the same issue.

Barso
    I had this happen 4 times last night.
    Unplugging the item and plugging back in fixed it.
    But 4 times I had, USB not recognized error.

VirtualVikingX
    I have had this issue also. So far I have just changed ports, but last night I had to to something about it, not enough ports left!

I turned of the machine and presed the CMOS button on the back 2 times. Bios was reset to default and all port were working.

Is this caused by some corrupted BIOS? Do ASUS (or anybody else) have any idea as to what is causing this?

I have been overclocking my CPU btw. (4.6 - 4.8).

Tuxbe
    Hello All,

I would like to know if there is any news about the usb issue.

Sometimes when I power up my system my usb devices (mouse and keyboard) seem to be disabled. I think it comes from the NEC usb controller. When the system boots the bios alerts me about the non presence of any keyboard. I tried to update my bios at 1409 version, it doesn't solve the problem. If I connect my devices in another usb 3.0 ports, it seems to work but after a while those ports become also dead and at this point 4 usb ports are useless. The only solution I found is to completly shutdown the computer (by switching off the power supply). After that all seems to work normally, all ports become available again for a moment...

I try to activate wake-up on pci-e, on keyboard and I put the usb switch to NEC instead of PCH. On windows, I disabled the power option related to usb. None of those solutions correct the problem.

I try to update the nec controller firmware but the updater doesn't work with multiple usb controller.

Configuration :
    - Maximus Extreme 4
    - Intel core i7 2600 K (BCLK 100 and turbo ratio * 40)
    - corsair cmx8gx3m2a1600c9 (XMP profile : 800 Mhz, CAS L 9.0, RAS->CAS 9, RAS Pre 9, tRAS 24, tRC 41, Voltage 1.650)
    - Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 580

Any help would be appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast