cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb issue

icemanjs
Level 7
does anybody else have usb issues..some of mine work some don't..tried from pch to nec and still nothing..installed updated nec drivers and still nothing..anyone else had this problem..asus maximus extreme p67
33 REPLIES 33

Bei_Fei
Level 7
I am also having the same issue. My board will come up with unknown device in the device manager. I did get it to disappearing by removing the bios battery, but that was only short term. The problem reappeared yesterday. There are also reports on Xtremesystems and overclock.net of people with the same disappearing USB ports. I have personally tried may things to get my ports back without success.

anybody have any other info..i emailed asus and they told me to use the forums to find or get a answer and so far not happy that stuff on a $350 board doesnt work right

icemanjs wrote:
anybody have any other info..i emailed asus and they told me to use the forums to find or get a answer and so far not happy that stuff on a $350 board doesnt work right

Hi,

Can you tell me which USB devices, OS and BIOS version you are using please? And also which ports are not working. Can you also forward the details of who emailed you back please to my PM inbox.

-Raja

raja i have a mouse,keyboard,apc power backup and a linksys wireless adapter..os is windows 7 64bit and newest bios i believe..usbs are hard to tell starting up the top

top left isn't working
none on in the next area
then the on on the right
then the last ones work

i have tried the new drivers,changing stuff in the bios..right now what i have plugged in works but if i wana plug something that is plugged in already to a different usb then it doesn't work..its like they are fixed to that one usb

dont have the email anymore..i also tried facebook but they said all tech stuff to go here..i swapped out a rampage 3 board for this board and was told that i didnt have to reinstall windows or anything as it will still boot and such..other then the usb issue i have had no other issues

icemanjs wrote:
raja i have a mouse,keyboard,apc power backup and a linksys wireless adapter..os is windows 7 64bit and newest bios i believe..usbs are hard to tell starting up the top

top left isn't working
none on in the next area
then the on on the right
then the last ones work

i have tried the new drivers,changing stuff in the bios..right now what i have plugged in works but if i wana plug something that is plugged in already to a different usb then it doesn't work..its like they are fixed to that one usb

dont have the email anymore..i also tried facebook but they said all tech stuff to go here..i swapped out a rampage 3 board for this board and was told that i didnt have to reinstall windows or anything as it will still boot and such..other then the usb issue i have had no other issues

Hi

I think it would be wise to reinstall Windows afresh if changing chipsets (my personal opinion). Some of the NEC drivers may only sit well with certain NEC firmware, so its usually wise to use the latest BIOS on the ASUS site together with the NEC drivers on the ASUS site also. When you change the device ports if you go to device manager and scan for hardware changes does anything at all show up? Can you list the make and model of the keyboard and mouse please?

-Raja

keyboard is razer lasza and the mouse is logitech g700

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Hi

I think it would be wise to reinstall Windows afresh if changing chipsets (my personal opinion). Some of the NEC drivers may only sit well with certain NEC firmware, so its usually wise to use the latest BIOS on the ASUS site together with the NEC drivers on the ASUS site also. When you change the device ports if you go to device manager and scan for hardware changes does anything at all show up? Can you list the make and model of the keyboard and mouse please?

-Raja

ok raja i have reinstall windows 7..still have my stuff plugged into the usb's i know thats working..what drivers should i install..i have 2 sata 6 drives on the intel ports

1303 bios

Retired
Not applicable
I have this exact same problem.
If I disconnect the USB hub that is connected to the USB on the motherboard at the back then it works again.
Would like to get this sorted before my warranty runs.

Bei_Fei
Level 7
I did a complete reinstall and that did not help. The only thing that help for short term is removing the BIOS battery and resetting BIOS. I do not think that this is related to drivers since the power state of the device is S3 at windows startup.