cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair IV Formula Tweaking & OC suggestions + other stuff

Sumppi
Level 7
Hello everyone!

I'm pretty new and unexperienced in this OC and tweaking stuff, so I decided to post here and hopefully get some useful advices and help. I want to get more out of my system, I know it has some potential 😄

I have read some topics here and there, but never found a good tweaking advices for my motherboard and other components as well. Maybe I haven't searched enough, or maybe I have searched from wrong places. Anyway, here I am, and I have some questions. Hope you guys can help me 🙂

My machine:
Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard
Asus nVidia GeForce GTX560 DirectCU graphics card
AMD Phenom II X6 3.2GHz Black Edition processor
Arctic Cooling Arctic Freezer 13 PRO CPU cooler
2x Kingston HyperX Genesis KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX 8Gb (2x4Gb) 1600Mhz DDR3 CL9 XMP kits (other one bought about 1 year ago and the other bought and added recently)
Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB HDD
Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze power supply

Let's start with memory. I have set it to run at 1600MHz using this guide:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27272-A-Beginner-s-Guide-To-Setting-Up-RAM-Speed&highlight=...
I used that profile thing, instead of XMP I had DOCP. Is this okay, or should I set it up manually?

Next, motherboard and processor. I want to get a little more power out of my machine, so I'm not looking any extreme overclocking at this time (maybe later :D). So what should I do to get my system boot and run little bit faster?
Can I use those utilities which came with motherboard, or should I only use BIOS? Almost everybody seems to say those utilities are pure rubbish.

About my graphics card. Should I OC/tweak it as well or just leave it untouched for now.

And one last thing. What's the best solution for controlling fans? BIOS or some program?

That's pretty much about it for this time. Hopefully I made myself clear enough 🙂 And sorry for this mile-long post .
Thanks for advance.
4 REPLIES 4

sectionate
Level 12
You can get your fans to run 100% all the time using the asus bios or you can plug them in to your psu. I'd manually set ram timings/volts. Stay away from the motherboard utilities, do everything in your bios. Boot faster -> http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-confi...
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

SUKARA
Level 10
Did you have already upgrade the latest bios version?
New version bios will be get better hardware performance and compatible

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
Did you have already upgrade the latest bios version?
New version bios will be get better hardware performance and compatible

I updated my BIOS to version 2102. I thought it's more stable than the newest beta version.

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2585-ASUS-Crosshair-V-Formula-BIOS-Guide-Overclocking&count...

This is a pretty good place to start reading about how to overclock your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.