cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water cooling

greenster24
Level 7
hey guys i was thinking about water cooling my pc i was going to buy but what are some good part for extreme water cooling
15 REPLIES 15

Area_66
Level 11
and this extreme parts will go on what ? , you need to give us detail about your build.

Mankz
Level 10
Welcome to the forums..

Is this your first time trying to watercool? If yes, I'd recommend one of the high-end closed loop systems, like the Corsair H100i, which have been very well reviewed. They provide a lot of cooling power for the 2011 CPU's, don't cost the earth and don't have the associated risk that comes with building your fist water loop.

However, if you wanted to go down the custom route, something like the EK-KIT H30 240 HFX might be what you are after, as it comes with everything you'll need.

What case are you using? This will affect the size and thickness of radiator/fans you can fit in to cool the system.

As I posted in another thread. It would help us greatly if you told us what case you're using, and what parts you are running, and perhaps a budget, so we can get an overall idea of what would be the best for your set-up.

greenster24
Level 7
this is what i am thinking of getting and there is no price range the more it cost the better i want to go extreme and for case i cant decide between Cooler Master Cosmos II or corsair 800d which one is better thx

CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB (8x8 GB)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB
Storage: Corsair Force GT 240 GB
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX690 X2 or 680s
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II or corsair 800d
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified 1500W Modular
Optical Drive: Pioneer 15x SATA Internal BD/DVD/CD Burner
Monitor:Asus VS247H-P 24-Inch
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Full (64-bit)
Keyboard:Thermaltake Esports Challenger Pro USB Keyboard
mouse :Mad Catz R.A.T. 9 Professional Wireless Gaming Mouse

greenster24 wrote:
this is what i am thinking of getting and there is no price range the more it cost the better i want to go extreme and for case i cant decide between Cooler Master Cosmos II or corsair 800d which one is better thx

CPU Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition i7-3970X 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler:Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 GB (8x8 GB)
Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX690 X2 or 680s
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II or corsair 800d
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified 1500W Modular
Optical Drive: Pioneer 15x SATA Internal BD/DVD/CD Burner
Monitor:Asus VS247H-P 24-Inch
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Full (64-bit)
Keyboard:Thermaltake Esports Challenger Pro USB Keyboard
mouse :Mad Catz R.A.T. 9 Professional Wireless Gaming Mouse

I'm afraid I don't know much about water cooling components to give advice... but that's one heavy rig.

AkaJuu
Asus RoG Maximus V Gene Motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K Processor
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 1600MHz RAM
MSi Radeon HD 7970 3GB Lightning Series GPU
Samsung 840 Series120GB SSD
Zalman Z11 Plus MidTower Case
NZXT Hale 90 650W PSU
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krindor
Level 11
Extreme WC would be TEC cooling but I guess you're new to WC so you shouldn't wander in to this.

How much are you going to cool? The basic WC blocks that are useful are the CPU, GPU and Motherboard blocks. Some cool the ram as well but this is not needed.

For an extreme cooling system I would say that 2 360 rads with 2 D5 pumps in dual loop setup where one 360 cools the GPUs in one loop and one 360 cools the CPU and the rest.

To fit most parts knowing a bit about modding will be required.
| Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
| Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
| SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
| Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

kkn
Level 14
when you start to dismantle the mobo and vid card then you void your waranty.
if you fk enny thing up you will not get a new one back from RMA or enny thing like that.
is it damaged you have to buy a new one.
and those Corsair Dominator Platinum i dont think you can put them on water, if you can i recomend to mail and ask corsair to be shure.
for heavy OC you need 240 rad on each OC'd part so you need a case that have space for a good deal of rad's
fans whit good static preshure, case whit good airflow, a fan controller, monitoring your flow and temp on the water.
this build WILL cost you a good deal of monney.
how mutch are you willingly to use on a case if the ones your tought of are too small or not good enough for WC and airflow? ( if thats an option )

stefanrules
Level 7
maybe you can use the new corsair 900D instead of the 800D
building soon: nzxt phantom 630 - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - i7-4770k - swiftech h320 - samsung 840 evo ssd 128 gb - ASUS GeForce GTX780-DC2 - G.SKILL 16GB (2 x 8GB) Trident X Series DDR3 1600 - corsair ax860i - win 7 ultimate - 2tb barracuda

greenster24
Level 7
so far cases are cosmo 2 or corsair 900d

Xaanix
Level 7
I have a Cosmos 2, and though i love the case overall, there are some significant issues with water cooling (the space on the top will only fit a very thin rad for example, and modding is required to allow for a 4x120mm sized rad on the top).

Also the hotswap bay is probably going to be 'in the way' when water cooling...
and the 3 5 " bays at the top might have clearance problems if you try to use a 2 by 5" bay res...

To make it workable, you're going to need to put your rads in the bottom of the case (i was eyeing those ultra thick 80mm 2x120 rads myself... 2 of those in series should really be something...)

I'm a bit concerned about airflow in that bottom compartment.. (the vents in the side doors which would be inputs/exhaust for your radiators are there but not really large enough imho.. more modding possibly on the doors to open these up..

I really do like this case, but for an 'extreme' water cooling setup, it may not be appropriate. I urge you to read some reviews on it.
Motherboard Asus ROG Rampage IV Formula x79
CPU Intel i7 4820k Ivy Bridge-E @ 4.6ghz
GPU(s) 3 WAY SLI -- EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature (2GB)
Displays 5140x1050 @ 120hz using 3 x Samsung 2233RZ
RAM 16 GB 2133mhz G.Skill RipJaws Z
PSU LEPA G Series G1600-MA
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra
Storage Vertex 3 256 (Games), Intel 320 Series 128 (OS), + 4TB HDD