cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power profiles keep changing at random...

Kherr
Level 7
Title says it all. One minute I'm in Power4Gear High Performance which I tweaked to be custom and then in the next minute I'm in Power4Gear Entertainment. It's always Power4Gear Entertainment power profile too. So I switch it back to Power4Gear High Performance and then I'm fine for the next few days at most (sometimes only one day) and then it just switches back on it's own. And it never pops up saying that it changed like it does when I changed it back, so I never have a clue when it does it until I notice that my game performance or internet performance seems to be just a tad bit sluggish.

I'm using an external USB keyboard and mouse, so my hands are nowhere near the button to accidentally press it somehow... I'm just wondering why my laptop is doing this.

ASUS G53SX-RH71
Windows 8 Pro (did it in Windows 7 Pro as well before I upgraded, so it's not the OS)
16 GB DDR3-1333 RAM instead of 8 GB.
Stock everything else for the model.

Any solutions OTHER than deleting the other power profiles?

Global Moderator for
2 REPLIES 2

n3tninja
Level 9
Yes I get that too, I don't know if the high performance mode is OCing the gfx card or processor, but I think when it does that, its telling you to "chill out bro". I play all my games on Entertainment mode and only use high performance for like 2-3 hours while playing skyrim or crysis.
Asus G53sw-A1
Intel i7 2630qm
Memory 8 GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5 GB
Windows 7 Premium
1 TB HDD @ 7200 rpm
4x Blu-Ray
Razer Mamba, Razer Abysus, Rog Gaming Mouse.

FPS GAMER.

Pitcher1
Level 9
is it happen when you use win 7 OS? did somebudy use win 8 OS (not upgrade from win 7) is it happen? did you reinstall power4Gear from ASUS support site?