cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7970-DC2T Temperature Problems

Towel
Level 7
Hi, today while trying to overclock my card I ran FurMark and noticed that my temperatures went up about 1 degree every second, I was running the card at stock levels too, and haven't had this tempertaure problem before, it idles at about 28C - 32C. Before when I overclocked it the card never raised in temperature that fast and never got past 60C, just wondering why this is happening and if there's any way to fix it.
7 REPLIES 7

Rapid7
Level 7
Don't use furmark, try using this http://unigine.com/products/heaven/

Thomas
Level 10
Hi,

The temperatures that you get in FurMark in no way accurately represent what the GPU temperature will raise to during normal gaming sessions. FurMark is pretty much a heat stress test.

Like mentioned by Rapid, the Heaven benchmark is a much more "real world" test.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Like I said though, it never was like this in Furmark. But, I've also noticed it while playing Minecraft...
I look at the temps from Afterburner, and the temps still ramp up really high unlike before.
If the card keeps going like this would I be able to get a replacement? :S

bump... any answers? :S

Towel wrote:
bump... any answers? :S

At what point does the temperature usually stop and have you tried editing your fan profiles in GPU Tweak?

Towel
Level 7
The temperatures don't stop, they just keep going up. And yes, I made it so that the fan goes up 1 every degree.

60C is nothing really, with a decent overclock (1100) my voltage locked DC2 allows,
I get ~70-75C in Furmark Burn-in test quite quickly.

You shouldn't really worry unless you start hitting 85-90C or thermal throttling (ie fps drops in furmark).

Alternatively check if there is enough airflow in the case? Maybe some dust filters are clogged up?
Fans glory to the Gladiators,
Gods glory to the Heroes.