cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A43SJ Touchpad + typing issues

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

I just bought this laptop like a week back.

I noticed that out of the box the touchpad is exceedingly slow, the cursor that is. It takes a fair amount of dragging to move the cursor. It is especially noticeable when moving short distances on screen i.e. it takes longer distance on the touchpad to move from one point to another onscreen. I tried adjusting the speed, which helped somewhat, but then it became less accurate i.e. I have to move once or twice more before it hits the point of interest on screen. This is despite enabling "Enhance Pointer Precision". Especially annoying when clicking radio buttons as it becomes a fair bit of an ordeal.

I have updated and installed everything on the downloads page for this particular laptop, to no avail. I updated the BIOS two days back, and instead of having the problem solved, another cropped up. The cursor now jumps randomly every once in a while when I type. By once in a while, I mean this: In the ten minutes it takes me to type this whole message, it jumped twice, to a random earlier part of this message.

Can anyone please help? I am trying to spare myself the trip to the local ASUS support center as I need to use the laptop anyway...

Many thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

sanjeevlion
Level 7
HI,

CAN YOU PLEASE MAIL ME THE BACKUP FILE OF BIOS FOR A43SJ LAPTOP. THIS WILL BE AROUND 4MB IN SIZE. MY EMAIL IS sanjeevlion@gmail.com

THX

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
9M-MAS wrote:

I noticed that out of the box the touchpad is exceedingly slow, the cursor that is. It takes a fair amount of dragging to move the cursor. It is especially noticeable when moving short distances on screen i.e. it takes longer distance on the touchpad to move from one point to another onscreen. I tried adjusting the speed, which helped somewhat, but then it became less accurate i.e. I have to move once or twice more before it hits the point of interest on screen. This is despite enabling "Enhance Pointer Precision". Especially annoying when clicking radio buttons as it becomes a fair bit of an ordeal.

You may have tried this already, but make sure you've selected the pointer speed to the far right for 'Fast' which should make some difference in addition to enabling "Enhance Pointer Precision" (which doesn't affect the speed) and try calling or emailing your local ASUS support too if you haven't to see if they have heard of this issue or have better ideas.

9M-MAS wrote:

I have updated and installed everything on the downloads page for this particular laptop, to no avail. I updated the BIOS two days back, and instead of having the problem solved, another cropped up. The cursor now jumps randomly every once in a while when I type. By once in a while, I mean this: In the ten minutes it takes me to type this whole message, it jumped twice, to a random earlier part of this message.

A few ideas to help with this issue are below.
1. Use the Fn+F9 key combination to disable the touchpad while you type (and use Fn+F9 to reenable when done typing).
2. If you don't use the touchpad 'tap' function to left-click (I like it myself, but many may not use it), disable this function through your touchpad settings and it should cause much less problems at least when the touchpad is accidentally activated since the 'typing' cursor location will not move anymore.
3. This may not work too well, but if available adjust your touchpad sensitivity or palm check settings.

Well, hope this helps or others can offer better suggestions!