Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    New ROGer Array

any solutions to the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by madbitloman_12 View Post
    Hi Guys! Asus should know about that issue! Have mine G75VX "bricked" with a black screen as well trying to make dual boot of Ubuntu and Windows on separate SSD and HDD. Took it to the local repair shop and they have estimated 1.4 k for motherboard replacement as it is all they can do rather then re-install BIOS in a hardware way. As mine laptop refurbished and out of 3 month Newegg warranty for such laptops I was wondering if any of you guys did any repair and how much was the estimate?
    I made the same mistake. Installed SSD and set Fastboot to enable and CSM disabled. Nothing but a black screen. I think i've seen all the solutions google has to offer, unfortunately without any success. I see a few of you RMA''d it. I was just wondering if anybody had a solution to fix this myself by now. And what did Asus RMA say about this?

I thought i'd always be able to get into Bios might the setting be wrong,oops.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post228694 here's how to take your BIOS back to original for a fresh start.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post228694 here's how to take your BIOS back to original for a fresh start.
    This will not work. Only hardware solution aka taking a donor BIOS chip can help.

New ROGer Array

Hey Guys!

For those who still have warranty Asus will fix your laptop for free. For those who out of warranty I do suggest still use Asus service center as my estimate of repair was around 70$ when local shop asked me for 1k $.

Cheers!

ROG Member Array

There is no hope to get my laptop working then? G75vx..i was using a modded bios and while in Windows 5 hours later (gaming and such) my laptop froze and I shut it down via power button... Now I turn on and screen black, keyboard lights up once... Sigh. Have tried a Lot so far

New ROGer Array

Same thing just happend with my notebook??

Has anyone been able to fix this issue and how did you go about doing it. I did the same thing when I added a 500GB SSD and now I get the keyboard to light up for about 10 seconds and then nothing but a black screen. I tried the ctr+Home and nothing. I could really use some help on the fix because I am sitting here with a 10 pound brick at the moment and I dont believe the computer shop that said it was my graphics card is shot because it was working fine until I changed the boot priority. Help would be appreciated Thanks!!

New ROGer Array

Same Thing Happened When I CHanged Boot Priority

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    I'm thinking you need to rename the BIOS file to G75VX.BIN.

The procedure you mentioned doesn't reset the CMOS. I believe it only discharges the laptop capacitors. I believe you need to physically remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard to reset the CMOS on the G75 models.

I would probably contact the retailer and attempt to exchange the laptop for a new unit before disassembling it to remove the CMOS battery. Simply changing the boot device should not have bricked the laptop.
    It bricked mine as soon as I saved the changes in the BIOS and restarted the machine black screen keyboard lights up for about 10 seconds but none of the ways to get into the BIOS works. I am hoping someone by now figured out a fix and I would be very grateful if someone could share that info. Cheers

ROG Junior Member Array

Same thing for a G551JM

Is acting like a bricked laptop. There is some action going on in the back so bios is not toast. I have sent my laptop to RMA payed the fee they told me the HD had bad sector (... Solid state ...) I am using it on at the moment and its working perfectly great. and there was a keyboard issue, the w is scuffed out of being used... but ts still working, basically it seems they even did not power up the device... the were to charge me 1800 $ for a laptop that i got at 1100 $ + 400 the extended warranty ... I feel like Asus is aware of the bios issue with the ssd drive but is not willing to own the mistake and help their Loyal customer.

For the first time I had a memorable bad customer service from Asus and unfortunately enough I will no longer be a Loyal customer nor I will recommend their product to my friend and family

Patrick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4