Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Most people seem to dislike the circular design. I didn't love it at first, but it is growing on me. I just love the combination of the frosted tops with nickel, and the full nickel CPU block.

Time for another small update. Making some serious progress on the internals now! In addition to the iphone control up front, I also wanted something to make the inside shrouding a bit more interesting... so I went with an Aquaero. This will be used for some fan control, flow senors, inline water temp readings, etc. I like their graphs.

A few of the LED strips I'll be using around the case to give a little glow.

I made a Rebel Alliance logo by hand which will likely be used on the side panel, and I may need to bust out a few more for placement among the build. A little time consuming, but worth it.

The interior is just about ready to head in for paint. The acrylic will all be painted the same color as the exterior (a metallic gray). The side shroud with fan holes is removable via thumb screws if I should ever need to access the lower compartment which will house the pumps.

Here you can see the placement of the Aquaero. The acrylic will be cut to fit it in perfectly and will be used for reading water temps, flow, and controlling some fans.

Holes are in place for tubing pass through to the quad GPU setup. The acrylic is flush with the case.

A sneaky view of the lower compartment that will house the PSU and pumps. The custom support brackets are made from 1" acrylic and also support the hidden hard drive mounting bracket behind the PSU.

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

... Andrew .. Welcome to ROG ..

OK .. I think I caught my breath ... naaaaaaaaaaaa ... freak'n Awesome. ~pant~pant~.c.

ROG Member Array

Thank you ^_^

Just dropped off the parts for paint! Mixing a custom House of Kolor metallic gray for the interior and exterior, with airbrushed paneling design and detailing inspired by the wing panel of an Xwing. Can't wait to see it all painted!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1ceTr0n's Avatar

Wow, whata project!!

ROG Member Array

The first batch of parts have been painted. I really like how the color and finish turned out!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1ceTr0n's Avatar

I wish I had talent like you, makes my case mods look like crap from a total noob.....

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skywalker311's Avatar

Can't wait to see what it looks like after it done.
    Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
    EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

ROG Member Array

Appreciate the feedback. I'll have more updates coming soon. I was expecting a package from Performance PC's with some more fittings and such that I need to finish one of the loops, but somehow the order got messed up and isn't on the way yet... so we've hit a little snag. That, and figuring out the exact red to use for the coolant (which will then be matched for the red airbrushing and fan paint colors) is difficult...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array MonsterMawd's Avatar

the color scheme has really grown on me....

ROG Member Array

Brad spent time mixing up the custom House of Kolor red to match the liquid. This will be used for the fans and custom airbrushing around and inside the case. More paint pictures should be up tomorrow..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast