CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800d
    Power SupplyCorsair ax860
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

you could (you don't need sysinternals just change it from services) We have tried this already. If you manually disable HM service it will be fine. But AI suite will not function correctly even if set to manual. A soon as it is started the issue will appear eventually.
    However knock your self out & experiment. You can kill days chasing this one (we did) & you will come to the same conclusion as us. But you never know, you may stumble upon something that Feniks, & others missed. I think this one has been flogged to death.
    Asus Maximus XI Formula: i9 9900k @ 5.2 GHz: 2x8GB team group Xtreem Edition @4000Mhz: 2xRTX 2080TI: 1xSamsung 970 Pro, 3xSamsung 860 pro 2TB ssd: Creative Zxr: Custom water cooled loop: 2xAsus PG27UQ 4k @144Hz Gsync.

ROG Member Array

@stackoverflow13:

All right, I not abour to "reinvent the wheel, here"; that is for sure! Furthermore, I do not have the luxury of time, as I bukt this system for my kid, and she has been nagging me to give it to her! So, I capitaulate and do what you guys have valiantly figured out! Thanks for all the help, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by stackoverflow13 View Post
    you could (you don't need sysinternals just change it from services) We have tried this already. If you manually disable HM service it will be fine. But AI suite will not function correctly even if set to manual. A soon as it is started the issue will appear eventually.
    However knock your self out & experiment. You can kill days chasing this one (we did) & you will come to the same conclusion as us. But you never know, you may stumble upon something that Feniks, & others missed. I think this one has been flogged to death.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxius XI Formula
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2080TI
    Sound CardCreative Xonar
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ 27-Inch ROG Swift 4K HDR
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #23x 2tb Samsung 860 Pro
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

no problem, wish I could have been more positive. If the system is for your kid why do you need aida64?
    Asus Maximus XI Formula: i9 9900k @ 5.2 GHz: 2x8GB team group Xtreem Edition @4000Mhz: 2xRTX 2080TI: 1xSamsung 970 Pro, 3xSamsung 860 pro 2TB ssd: Creative Zxr: Custom water cooled loop: 2xAsus PG27UQ 4k @144Hz Gsync.

ROG Member Array

@stackoverflow13:

Oh, well, I just wanted to make sure that rig was not ruined by overzealous overclocking; that is all! Well, that is not to be! I just wish that Asus people would come thourgh, because I would like to stick with one brand, and Asus seems to be pretty good, until now, anyway! In fact, I am considering building a "fully-loaded" workstation with Asus MoBo for myself,. Now, I am thinking twice about using the Asus MoBo! Thanks, buddy!

no problem, wish I could have been more positive. If the system is for your kid why do you need aida64?

stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    Processori9 9900k
    Sound CardCreative Xonar
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

To be honest Asus still do make the best mobo's out there. Just because there is a small issue with 1 piece of software don't let that deter you.
    The MVE is the best OC board currently available. Good luck

ROG Member Array

@stackoverflow13:

I suppose that you are right in that I should judge the whole thing by one issue. Nevertheless, Asus should try to resolve this issue - expeditiously. I see that this problem has been ongoing for the last five months, and there was even a BIOS update since their recognition of this issue; and that is what bugs the crap out of me, to be candid! It is not just one user; it appears to me that there are hundreds of users with this what is seemingly a minor issue! It is their product; they should fix it; they should not depend on users like you, feniks, et al. That does not bode well for the long-term success of a company; does it? Verbum sapienti! I will keep checking this thread for updates; likewise, I will post if I get any "Eureka!" moment, although I very strongly doubt it! I thank you, once again!

To be honest Asus still do make the best mobo's out there. Just because there is a small issue with 1 piece of software don't let that deter you.
    The MVE is the best OC board currently available. Good luck

stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    Processori9 9900k
    Sound CardCreative Xonar
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

I think your missing the point asus ai suite works perfectly well out of the box. It's just a third party piece of software with the issue. So one could equally argue (& if I were Asus I would) that the issue is not ai suite but the third party software which has the issue for which they can't be responsible.

ROG Member Array

@stackoverflow13:

Yes, I suppose that I am missing the point. What prompted me to say this was that I read somewhere on this, or other, forum, that Maximus MoBos were designed for OCers, and with that in mind, I thought that Asus would be a wee bit more responsive. Anyway, I just read Feniks's post on how the issue came back - even without the FanXpert module! Aw, man! I just finished uninstalling - and reinstalling the whole shebang, sans FanXpert - for nothing, I am afraid. Hmm... I have my dunce cap on to see what move I could make next!

I think your missing the point asus ai suite works perfectly well out of the box. It's just a third party piece of software with the issue. So one could equally argue (& if I were Asus I would) that the issue is not ai suite but the third party software which has the issue for which they can't be responsible.

stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    Processori9 9900k
    Sound CardCreative Xonar
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

Like I said at the very start it's now a choice between AI suite or aida64. I chose aida because I mess with voltages & oc a lot I don't miss AI suite at all, it doesn't provide any additional functionality to & just slows the system down. AI suite is really in my mind just a bit of crutch since everything can be done from the bios. Heres a tip a good quick way for nice clean uninstall's of any software is to use revo uninstaller. Also create a batch file for the ai suite uninstall commands.

Banned Array

I can see SSD temps in AIDA64, always had them. I use Mushkin Chronos Deluxe models though, so they are not Crucial. currently running them in RAID0 under win8 x64 in EFI boot mode.
    Hey No probs glad to be of some help (limited though it may be). FYI you can't get temp reads on a SSD because there is no SMART controller (not just crucial all ssd's). We have running the same aida version too (beta paid).
    Those warnings are were happening on my system mostly when running Ai Suite in background (no Probe app open) and AIDA64 at same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragpad View Post
    @feniks:

Yep! I have the same incredibly dense warnings; and I continue to get them regradless of what parameters I change! In fact, I recorded the data over a six-hour span, and it did that twice. By the way, what I have done for now is just "disabling" the following within the AI Suite II: Under the "Tools" sub-option: FanXpert 2 (v1.00.018); Probe II (v1.00.51); Sensor Recorder (v1.01.07); under "Monitor" sub-option: both Sensor (v1.00.07)and CPU Frequency (v1.02.10). I have left the rest of the items on (i. e., they are checked). Basically, what I have done is disabled "all" the "monitoring" functions performed by SI Suite II. (The "spurious" warnings were also a reason for my disabling the foregoing "services.") Although I am not holding my breath, I am indeed keeping my fingers crossed. I will post an update on how it develops.
    Those ASUS HW services are the whole culprit, that's how Ai Suite communicates with motherboard on electrical level. disabling those services fixes the problem, same as uninstalling the Ai Suite and running a cleaner (removes those services). we came to that conclusion
    Are you talking about Monitoring in AI suite? If so yeah tried that, But pretty certain now about it being the com service. You "might" be OK if you only have a base install install of AI suite. But the restarts can't be predicted. could be 1 min or 1 day, but we do know that it will happen, that is a guarantee. What we can't determine with exactness is that apart from fan xpert is there any other components which can trigger it.
    I ended up choosing AIDA64 after all, dumped Ai Suite for good as I noticed that after a while of running it without Fan Xpert (I might have added USB 3.0 Boost component) the thing again started causing unexpected restart/shutdown with AIDA64 open. done with Ai Suite, no more trouble
    Like I said at the very start it's now a choice between AI suite or aida64. I chose aida because I mess with voltages & oc a lot I don't miss AI suite at all, it doesn't provide any additional functionality to & just slows the system down. AI suite is really in my mind just a bit of crutch since everything can be done from the bios. Heres a tip a good quick way for nice clean uninstall's of any software is to use revo uninstaller. Also create a batch file for the ai suite uninstall commands.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast