Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    ROG Member Array

@feniks/@stackoverflow13:

You guys have been great! @feniks, that (getting rid of the AI Suite II) is exactly what I am going to do. (If and when I get time, I might try to tinker with disabling - i. e., setting them to "manual" start - the various services and processes.) I did notice that the AI Suite II had insinuated itself onto the Task Scheduler to start with the machine, regardless of the user. Also, I noticed, even after "clean" removal and subsequent install (following @feniks's "detailed" procedure, that the sucker FanXpert Control services installed itself. I could not beleive it. (Yes, I did check if everything was rid of, after I followed your procedure, and nothing was left, as far as I could tell.)

You know, on reflection (rather deep obe at that) this (sudden shutdown and restart) problem occurred even before I installed the Aida64. However, I do have a separate cooler-fan controller program put out by Antec, at that time. At bottom, it appears that AI Suite II does not like to share its "data" with any other module. So much for all the data dump (and sharing, which Aida64 specifically can provide) that is suppoed to be used various programs. Oh, well!

On the SSD temperature information, I was told by @stackoverflow13, and @Fiery over at Aida64 forum, that Crucial does not have temperature-densing diodes. For some strange reason, I do recall seeing that temperature information on the crucial; perhaps, it is a figment of my hyperactive imagination; who knows!

Thanks, again, guys for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by feniks View Post
    I can see SSD temps in AIDA64, always had them. I use Mushkin Chronos Deluxe models though, so they are not Crucial. currently running them in RAID0 under win8 x64 in EFI boot mode.

Those warnings are were happening on my system mostly when running Ai Suite in background (no Probe app open) and AIDA64 at same time.

Those ASUS HW services are the whole culprit, that's how Ai Suite communicates with motherboard on electrical level. disabling those services fixes the problem, same as uninstalling the Ai Suite and running a cleaner (removes those services). we came to that conclusion

I ended up choosing AIDA64 after all, dumped Ai Suite for good as I noticed that after a while of running it without Fan Xpert (I might have added USB 3.0 Boost component) the thing again started causing unexpected restart/shutdown with AIDA64 open. done with Ai Suite, no more trouble

Banned Array

if you insist on re-installing Ai Suite after clean removal, make sure you deselect all modules you don't want to just leaving the selected ones.

anyways, I don't use it anymore at all and happy with it!

yeah, Ai Suite doesn't like sharing sensor information with any other app, no matter if AIDA64 or something else it appears ...

ROG Member Array

@feniks:

Aw, fugged'bout intsalling these crappy pieces of junk! I am done with them. Let Asus realize that it is going to lose business and fix the issues. Then - and only then - will I try to reinstall the updated software. I am too t!red of this crap! I just do not know how you had the stamina to go through this crap (although I am personally eternally grateful to you, @stackoverflow13, and others like you guys) and for banging your head (so we did not have to) against the wall. Speaking of which, wherever is Raja@Asus?! By the way, you do have an awesome rig, man! (To boot, you are a gutsy guy to muck around at that high a clock speed! My hat's off to you, buddy!) Someday, perhaps, we will find a solution by which both AI Suite II and others can live and work in comity! Thnaks, buddy!

if you insist on re-installing Ai Suite after clean removal, make sure you deselect all modules you don't want to just leaving the selected ones.

anyways, I don't use it anymore at all and happy with it!

yeah, Ai Suite doesn't like sharing sensor information with any other app, no matter if AIDA64 or something else it appears ...

Banned Array

yeah, just remove it and be done with it LOL ... I don't even want to recall what I had to go through to narrow that thing down, wouldn't do it without StackOverflow's help though! only with confirmations coming from his end we are able together to be certain what that was at the root cause of the problem.

thanks for kind words on my system! appreciated man!
    good luck to you and your rig!

Banned Array

yeah, just remove it and be done with it LOL ... I don't even want to recall what I had to go through to narrow that thing down, wouldn't do it without StackOverflow's help though! only with confirmations coming from his end we are able together to be certain what that was at the root cause of the problem.

thanks for kind words on my system! appreciated man!
    good luck to you and your rig!
    I once dated a girl named Aida, does that qualify as “hands-on” accreditation?
    Last edited by MeanBruceROG; 05-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Banned Array

Quote Originally Posted by MeanBruceROG View Post
    I once dated a girl named Aida, does that qualify as “hands-on” accreditation?
    LOL! of course it does buddy!

New ROGer Array

Thanks!!

Just as a very much belated THANK YOU, I recently read through this thread again and saw the posted solution. I'd had to ditch AIDA64 since even after uninstalling AI Suite I had those $&@! leftover services... recently I'd tried running AIDA64 again in the hopes it had fixed by them, with no luck of course. However after reading the solution here I'm happily stable once again!

I'd used AIDA64 for the LCD display on Logitech G19 keyboards - it was nice having all the temps and stats right in front of me while gaming (with no annoying OSD), and I'd missed having them.

So once again, thank you and I've dumped all ASUS software from my system. It's too bad that the ASUS Team never accepted responsibility and fixed the issue; I know what hardware brand I likely won't be buying again for systems I build in the future. I spent way too many frustrating hours troubleshooting this. I'm glad some seriously talented individuals like yourselves came up with the solution.

--Z

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    stackoverflow13 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaxius XI Formula
    Processori9 9900k
    Memory (part number)TEAM GROUP XTREEM " EDITION" PC4-32000C18 4000MHZ
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080TI
    Graphics Card #2RTX 2080TI
    Sound CardCreative Xonar
    MonitorASUS PG27UQ 27-Inch ROG Swift 4K HDR
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    Storage #23x 2tb Samsung 860 Pro
    CPU CoolerXSPC Raystorm
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 800d
    Power SupplyCorsair ax860
    Keyboard Corsair k95
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset AKG K550
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterAsus

Sory for replying to such an old thread so late.
    your all welcome, it was frustrating & fun at the same time & in equal measures. Unfortuantly Feniks has been banned now. FYI I've moved on now to a Rampage V exactly the same issues apply. Good OL ASUS never learning from crappy software
    Asus Maximus XI Formula: i9 9900k @ 5.2 GHz: 2x8GB team group Xtreem Edition @4000Mhz: 2xRTX 2080TI: 1xSamsung 970 Pro, 3xSamsung 860 pro 2TB ssd: Creative Zxr: Custom water cooled loop: 2xAsus PG27UQ 4k @144Hz Gsync.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22