Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

sectionate - mate I have had heaps of people have problems with the L shaped sata cables in the past. And also when folks try to have an ultra neat build they bend the cables way to much. I think your reply was very good and most helpful to the OP. Keep up the good work.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    sectionate - mate I have had heaps of people have problems with the L shaped sata cables in the past. And also when folks try to have an ultra neat build they bend the cables way to much. I think your reply was very good and most helpful to the OP. Keep up the good work.
    Bending cables is an issue, especially since SATA cables are rigid and thus cannot turn tight corners. Doing so causes cracks in the wiring, and after a few bends, the metal fatigues and fails.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sectionate View Post
    HiVizMan I thought the "L" sata cables were just for optical due to the shape and the way data gets sent. Seagate has hard drive tools galore on the website or just find your support disk that came with it. Check for recent firmware updates, the site is easy to navigate. Your hard drive could be fine run chkdsk and
    http://www.seagate.com/support/inter...ves/barracuda/

I wasn't trying to tell you that yours has failed, just wanted you to know what happened to mine. Sata cables shouldn't matter, someone did a benchmark with them and showed zero difference. sorry for leaving out alot in my first post, let us know how it goes. If you can't get anything to post plug it into another machine just to see if the O/S can see it, then run chkdsk on seagate tools.

Also not sure if this was asked, but never flash your bios in windows if you did
    I've tried to boot from the suspected bad hard-drive and I can't get anything to go, it still slow, and with it disconnected, everything runs smoothly. I even tried a better cable, it still made beeps (or chirps) but they were not as bad.

Why do you not flash the bios in windows? If your not suppost to, why do they have the option to do so?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kovash View Post
    Why do you not flash the bios in windows? If your not suppost to, why do they have the option to do so?
    They have the option because it is possible to do so. That does not mean it is best practice to actually do it. Best practice is to flash bios via the utility found in the tools section of the bios.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

but sayig that touch wood (just in case ) never had a problem flashing in windows ..
    send hd back either rma or return to store ..and get a ssd samsung830 crucial or corsair pef pro size 128 and above ..
    but do have a mech drive in your system to move page file onto ..and to use progs like bit tor or emule .. saves ware and tare on ssd
    AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
    CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
    g-skill sniper 1600@1800
    What does it matter now if men believe or no?
    What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
    To murmur in pity that my words were true
    (Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    They have the option because it is possible to do so. That does not mean it is best practice to actually do it. Best practice is to flash bios via the utility found in the tools section of the bios.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by flearider View Post
    but sayig that touch wood (just in case ) never had a problem flashing in windows ..
    send hd back either rma or return to store ..and get a ssd samsung830 crucial or corsair pef pro size 128 and above ..
    but do have a mech drive in your system to move page file onto ..and to use progs like bit tor or emule .. saves ware and tare on ssd
    If I had the money to do so. I was just going to RMA the hard-drive and get a sata cable designed for Segate drives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2