cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V - Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit - Network Problems

Retired
Not applicable
Hey,

I just got my Crosshair V 990FX, However i am having Internet / Network problems.

Currently i have no internet access or network capabilities.

Looking in the device manager and under Network adapters it shows the Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection, but the device status says 'The Device Could Not Start (Code 10).'
I am also getting this message on boot up 'Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started. LAN NVM configuration corrupted or has not been initialized. The BOOT Agent cannot continue.'

I have installed and tried reinstalling the drives from the disk...but no change 😞

If anyone has some ideas i would be very thankful.

System:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard 😄
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.30GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
OCZ 550W Fatal1ty
42 REPLIES 42

Raja
Level 13
CPurky wrote:
Hey,

I just got my Crosshair V 990FX, However i am having Internet / Network problems.

Currently i have no internet access or network capabilities.

Looking in the device manager and under Network adapters it shows the Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection, but the device status says 'The Device Could Not Start (Code 10).'
I am also getting this message on boot up 'Intel Boot Agent GE V.1.3.5.1 PXE-E05 has not started. LAN NVM configuration corrupted or has not been initialized. The BOOT Agent cannot continue.'

I have installed and tried reinstalling the drives from the disk...but no change 😞

If anyone has some ideas i would be very thankful.

System:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Motherboard 😄
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE 3.30GHz
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler
OCZ 550W Fatal1ty

Could be a faulty NIC. Is this a fresh OS install?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Raja@ASUS wrote:
Could be a faulty NIC. Is this a fresh OS install?

-Raja

Yes formated the Hard Drive,then installed the Win7.

OK, if clear CMOS etc still gives you a code 10 in Windows, RMA the board please.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Raja@ASUS wrote:
OK, if clear CMOS etc still gives you a code 10 in Windows, RMA the board please.

-Raja

Unfortunately still no luck... thanks for your help but it looks like ita a RMA 😞

Shame.

Kipper
Level 10
Go into the BIOS in Advance section, then On board hardware, and check to see if the LAN is disabled. You probably just need to enable the setting. I have seen this two times now.

Retired
Not applicable
Kipper wrote:
Go into the BIOS in Advance section, then On board hardware, and check to see if the LAN is disabled. You probably just need to enable the setting. I have seen this two times now.

Yer Unfortunately that was one of the 1st things i checked.

After a few more attemps last night i noticed if i clear the cmos then restart the computer with an ethernet cable plugged in. The ethernet ports Speed LED lights up orange until windows is booted. However after a computer restart it never comes on again unless i clear cmos.

Praz
Level 13
If the LAN is disable in the UEFI it should not be showing in Device Manager as is stated in post #1.

Raja
Level 13
I'd try for the RMA mate. If you're US based drop me a PM and I can help with that if need be.

One last thing not made clear in you opening post - this is a fresh Windows 7 install right? That can sometimes cause a code 10. If it is a new install then the code 10 is almost definitely a hardware malfunction.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Raja@ASUS wrote:
I'd try for the RMA mate. If you're US based drop me a PM and I can help with that if need be.

One last thing not made clear in you opening post - this is a fresh Windows 7 install right? That can sometimes cause a code 10. If it is a new install then the code 10 is almost definitely a hardware malfunction.

-Raja

I formated the hard drive using the advanced setup when installing Win 7 x64.
Unfortunatly im U.K base, Thanks for the help tho.