cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking guide FM2 AMD Trinity at Asus F2A85-V Pro {full review is at PCtuning]

FlanK3r
Level 13
AMD Trinity was released only recently and already know that i will be pivotal platform for the entire next year. We rented a board because Asus F2A85-V Pro, it was planted with A10-5800K processor and try what he can do. In today's article, so you will find only instructions for debugging Trinity at maximum capacity, but also very well made shorter review boards. O processors Trinity was written all across the web material and our own Naturally a review from Alex . The latter mentioned that preparing an article on the clock and tuning AMD Trinity, which is now receiving. The speed of the first recall itself processors and chipsets for socket FM2.
Processors "Trinity"

Although AMD Trinity were issued only in October this year (2012), the final pieces of abandoned lines already during the weeks of January of the same year! So now AMD was not delayed the development of processors, but while waiting for the orders to previous Llano APU. Now, there are six Trinity APU. Two lowest models are Dual Core, Quad rest are. This figure even after two CPUs with locked the plans that fall under the Athlons. Although not shown in the figure, there is also a Sempron for socket FM2.

Trinity the processor has more than 1.3 billion transistors, and including the GPU die size is around 246 mm ². Because the Trinity is based on the Bulldozer architecture, the basic structural unit of one module. It contains two cores, a shared L2 cache and of course there is the same as Bulldozer shared FP unit. The cores themselves there are any changes, and have assigned code designation "Piledriver", which belongs 32nm production technology.

If we look at the actual distribution of die, we notice that almost half occupies part of the integrated graphics core. It also features HD Media Accelerator for playing videos and convert them. Then there is the graphic communication memory controller. GPU comes under VLIW4 architecture that can be seen in modern AMD cards currently and recently. DX11 support is of course, support the three display devices Eyfinity mode as well. The most powerful graphics chip HD model 7660D has a core frequency of 800 MHz. The actual processor section contains the memory controller (or processor is linked to the controller), which can natively 1866 MHz memory, and memory also with very low voltage - 1.25 V. Each processor module has its own L2 cache size of 2 megabytes The die with the processor, there are also PCIe lines, display digital interface and most innovative unclock. This is called as a single integrated northbridge (UNB), only communicates with the CPU, but with GMC with graphics core. Even so, it can tweakovat as for example in Phenom. It therefore has its GPU (GNB) part and a processing part (CNB).

The most powerful processor model is A10-5800K, which in today's article, I use to show the clock. The basic clock is 3800 MHz, for maximum turbo jumps up to 4200 MHz. In practice, the default frequency varies continuously between 3800-4200 MHz. It all depends on the complexity of the application and the overall workload chip both processor and the graphics page. Chipset

For socket FM2 there are three chipsets. Two familiar from last year and Llano APU socket FM1. These are the A55 and A75. These chipsets are finally saw its use as well as on the new platform Virgo FM2. Recently we have had higher A85X. The processor communicates with the southern bridge bus through UMI. Most PCIe lines are part of the processor, FCH has another 4 PCIe x1 and can serve for example to 8 SATA / eSATA 6G ports, 4 x USB 3.0 and 10 USB 2.0, etc. FCH mediated through the converter and analog signal. The chipset is also integrated clock generator, it can be a limiting factor in bus clocking, since they will affect all other output devices and their possible malfunction. There is no communication with the IO. The last major thing A85X chipset, we must not forget is to support AMD CorssfireX (2 x 8 PCIe 2.0) and advanced RAID standard.

How to processor

Quality of processors is selected according to the basic voltage at which the CPU operates piece - VID. Somebody can estimate the series. In some series is more "quality" chips that can operate at its base at a low voltage. Not all the pieces are definitely the best, but have a high expectation that this really will be. The second line on the switchboard heat tells us general information about the processor. This is the A10-5800K in the retail packing. What commonly purchased in stores. More important are the last two lines. The second line is a batch processor. 1216PNT marks 16th Week of 20 12. Letters PNT then specify the day of the week and certain characteristics of the chip. In the last line we are interested in the last four digits, which indicate the serial number 0070 and determines the position of the wafer.

More importantly it VID - Voltage processor identification. In a state, in this case, the load status of all cores, the processor has a certain tension. It is within a few hundredths of a volt difference tenth as against another piece of the same model. Also UNB, not only has its own CPU VID. For CPU operation is fundamentally the CPU VID. For processors Trinity A10-5800K moves roughly in the range of 1.2875 V to 1.3875 V. If we have a processor that has a CPU VID of 1.3 V, it is with great probability the ideal candidate for the clock. And both the air, especially in an extreme way. And how does it determine CPU VID?

This can be achieved in several ways. A common method is to turn off the energy saving functions and features AMD Turbocor in BIOS and then the operating system will see the approximate CPU VID in the diagnostic program CPU-Z. This differs from the exact slight drops or falls down voltage. It depends how the motherboard behaves. This example also see identical software hwinfo . So far, probably the best method is a new software enthusiast Stilt. He recently gave the track external support mainly AMD and created a program tweakovací TCI K ². Functionality is guaranteed only to Asus, and then only in a few models Gigabyte and MSI and the remaining models. You can download it here .
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.
4 REPLIES 4

FlanK3r
Level 13
Based on the embedded screen shot below you can judge the quality of the chip. VID of my test piece is 1375 V, the quality is a bit average. The memory controller is also average, the best bits have a plus value Delta IMC Strength! As you can see, the processor according to CPU-Z in the ground state on the board F2A85-V Pro podvoltovává slightly. Partly this can be manually calibrated limit.

Software therefore not a mere VID processor, but also as a tool for your tweakovací APU with an open multiplier. Reportedly, there should be a version for locked processors Trinity and also for AMD Vishera. Although the graphical interface outdated, functionality and compactness of the program is its asset. Graphics core is clocked possible to the extreme 1900 MHz! When the control is necessary to pay attention to a few aspects. Many in the command window lists manually entering voltage manually. I will give specific examples:

increasing the multiplier to 45 (45x100 = 4500 MHz): 45x write, just number 45 is not enough
increase the voltage to 1425 V: not enough to enter 1425 or 1.425v, but you must enter in the format 1.42500v
increase CPU multiplier done through the command multiplier, the next step is typing a multiplier according to the first example
voltage increases the voltage command line and the next steps in the second indent

First you need to enter a command, but he unfortunately you need to know some examples I mentioned above.

Here is an example of input voltage. This can be entered manually or positive or negative offset. First you type the command "voltage", then the specific value proposition of scale, for example 1.45500V.

To offset voltage to return to the beginning and write straight command "offset" in the next step value in millivolts including accents. Reading and nárůstek voltage or current from the voltage (1.4V in the picture).

Schedule of Power and thermal control

more in chapter in my review

As you can see, just increase BCLK will affect a lot of other settings. Luckily K processors have dividers and multipliers for UNB, CPU, DRAM and iGPU. For recreation remind baseline. BCLK, basic cycle has a value of 100 MHz. Most boards have a pulse generator integrated in the chipset, which can cause problems during the great increase BCLK, this problem is already known even competition in the form of the Intel Sandy / Ivy Bridge. FM2 high-end boards, however, have it outside, it should help higher limits BCLK settings. However, mere integrated generator in combination with analog output values ​​allows us mostly over 110-115 MHz or 120-135 MHz with digital output. It would even be for most processors Trinity suffice though ... just an example. A8-5500 Processor of the fundamental frequency 3200 MHz without the activated turbo and 760 MHz for the GPU. Let's say that our goal will be to move the processor to 4400 MHz. We have no other than the method of increasing the BCLK and evaluative divider down to modify too high bars DRAM, iGPU and UNB. Basically, the A8-5500 CPU 32x multiplier. Because CNB (CPU northbridge) is basically 1800 and known computational formula multiplier is 18x. For the 4400 MHz must have a high BCLK 137 MHz (137 x 32 = 4384). It tells us that we have to use some of the digital outputs on board with analog nepochodíme already. It is also necessary to have drives in IDE mode (AHCI has much BCLK limitations below). CNB reduce using dividers to 1918 MHz or 2055 MHz (CNB multiplier 14x and 15x). We must not forget also adjust the ratios to reduce iGPU memoirs and tact to values ​​around 800-900 MHz. Before we go into setting specific values ​​in the BIOS, the first thing is to turn off at a higher clocked AMD Turbocor and some energy-saving features such as APM master mode settings. We should be aware of other principles, which then repeat the rozborce BIOS for each item. We assume that the average good and cool down or good air cooler.

Maximum recommended voltage for the processor dial around 1.5 to 1.55 V for long-term operation
Maximum recommended voltage for CNB (APU NB, unclock etc.) choose to 1.425 V
CPU limit can be between 4400-4900 MHz to the quality of the piece
This is related to the maximum possible temperature cores, which should not exceed 70 C under load
Limit CNB, which slightly increases the throughput and thus overall performance is around 2300-2500 MHz, the basic clock is 1800 MHz
The resulting pulse CNB must be equal to or greater than (memory cycle / 2 * 1.25). Eg 2400MHz DRAM CNB corresponds to the minimum clock 1500 MHz.
Limit of the GPU are the frequencies 1000-1250 MHz, at voltages around 1.35 to 1.4 V.
Voltage for CNB and GNB are the same as BIOS divider GPU is constantly changing in steps 0.25 ×, is based on the 82 MHz clock. Fortunately, the BIOS usually see the current frequency. If the BIOS or software you can enable the "master power mode" (not to be confused with the APM master mode!), Enable it to avoid trotlování graphics performance during overclocking.
The two images is an example of setting the TCIK - off power control chip graphics part.

again, more info in review-link to review is at down of message

As you can see, just increase BCLK will affect a lot of other settings. Luckily K processors have dividers and multipliers for UNB, CPU, DRAM and iGPU. For recreation remind baseline. BCLK, basic cycle has a value of 100 MHz. Most boards have a pulse generator integrated in the chipset, which can cause problems during the great increase BCLK, this problem is already known even competition in the form of the Intel Sandy / Ivy Bridge. FM2 high-end boards, however, have it outside, it should help higher limits BCLK settings. However, mere integrated generator in combination with analog output values ​​allows us mostly over 110-115 MHz or 120-135 MHz with digital output. It would even be for most processors Trinity suffice though ... just an example. A8-5500 Processor of the fundamental frequency 3200 MHz without the activated turbo and 760 MHz for the GPU. Let's say that our goal will be to move the processor to 4400 MHz. We have no other than the method of increasing the BCLK and evaluative divider down to modify too high bars DRAM, iGPU and UNB. Basically, the A8-5500 CPU 32x multiplier. Because CNB (CPU northbridge) is basically 1800 and known computational formula multiplier is 18x. For the 4400 MHz must have a high BCLK 137 MHz (137 x 32 = 4384). It tells us that we have to use some of the digital outputs on board with analog nepochodíme already. It is also necessary to have drives in IDE mode (AHCI has much BCLK limitations below). CNB reduce using dividers to 1918 MHz or 2055 MHz (CNB multiplier 14x and 15x). We must not forget also adjust the ratios to reduce iGPU memoirs and tact to values ​​around 800-900 MHz. Before we go into setting specific values ​​in the BIOS, the first thing is to turn off at a higher clocked AMD Turbocor and some energy-saving features such as APM master mode settings. We should be aware of other principles, which then repeat the rozborce BIOS for each item. We assume that the average good and cool down or good air cooler.

Maximum recommended voltage for the processor dial around 1.5 to 1.55 V for long-term operation
Maximum recommended voltage for CNB (APU NB, unclock etc.) choose to 1.425 V
CPU limit can be between 4400-4900 MHz to the quality of the piece
This is related to the maximum possible temperature cores, which should not exceed 70 C under load
Limit CNB, which slightly increases the throughput and thus overall performance is around 2300-2500 MHz, the basic clock is 1800 MHz
The resulting pulse CNB must be equal to or greater than (memory cycle / 2 * 1.25). Eg 2400MHz DRAM CNB corresponds to the minimum clock 1500 MHz.
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.

FlanK3r
Level 13
Limit of the GPU are the frequencies 1000-1250 MHz, at voltages around 1.35 to 1.4 V.
Voltage for CNB and GNB are the same as BIOS divider GPU is constantly changing in steps 0.25 ×, is based on the 82 MHz clock. Fortunately, the BIOS usually see the current frequency. If the BIOS or software you can enable the "master power mode" (not to be confused with the APM master mode!), Enable it to avoid trotlování graphics performance during overclocking.

The two images is an example of setting the TCIK - off power control chip graphics part.

again, more info in review-link to review is at down of message

Base plates into the new socket FM2 we had already several reviews. Gigabyte first, then the upper class from MSI and recently a cheap pair of boards based on the A55 chipset Asus and ASRock administration. Today FM2 review završíme higher class chipset from Asus A85x. As always, we begin the home portion slides and that there is really much ...

The first tells us about the performance of the integrated graphics core in 3D Mark Vantage. Compares performance against the Intel HD 4000 and AMDčkovskému Llano with HD 6550D.

Another image shows the readiness of the base plate for Windows 8 and related "benefits".

This presentation file is already interesting information on a separate CPU power and memory digital controllers

Related image concerns softkey, gives us through TPU chip on the board is automatically overclocking. Interestingly, it probably works under liquid nitrogen to 6.4 GHz!

Much of the presentation is devoted to software, especially Remote GO! It is about linking home in one multimedia unit, which between them can communicate well.

Simple instructions on how to set up communications equipment

more text and photos in chart of the original review by me

Mounting the CPU cooler is the same, as we know from the last time. FM2 socket has 904 pins and the area around it is clean and therefore ideal for extreme overclocking and isolation. At the top of the motherboard, we can see the MOSFET staffed blue liabilities. It is divided in the power section into two separate parts, the fit with pins with spring. Liabilities not held sufficiently firmly unnecessarily nevykle. The whole system is interconnected with heatpipe cooler over the southern bridge. In the right part of the photo is then to see the two white connectors for CPU fan and left them for the deficit lies light blue CPU power connector.

In this photo we can clearly see the already mentioned "purity" around the CPU socket. AMD now distinguishes the higher segment slots and color. APU have white sockets and higher desktop then black coloration. Mechanism ensuring the CPU does not change.

The bottom half of the board is dominated by PCI and PCIe slots. On the motherboard can find a total of two PCIe x1. In the case of installation of a dedicated graphics card in the primary slot will only use one, but it probably occurs in all kinds of boards. The first long PCIe x16 is primary. In case of accidental use crossfire dwell then a secondary, white PCIe x16, which then operates at a slower x8 mode. Users who will benefit from the full Crossfire A85x definitely not many. Last black PCIe x16 can work only in x4 and found him just above the connectors for connection to the cabinet. Many happy couples light blue PCI. Praise for the manufacturer in this segment is cheaper PCI still in demand.

Scroll to the bottom edge of the plate. He is full of jacks and a few buttons. Gradually, we will describe the direction from left to right. Before the white plug to the audio jack fan, followed by that connector for fan, white serial port and four USB 2.0. Then there is a single switch and button over it. The switch is takzavný TPU (overclocking) and directkey button for direct access to the BIOS. We also see indicator saltpeter, over her jumper to reset the BIOS settings and finally connectors for wiring closet.

ALL REVIEW IS TO READ HERE:

http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fp...

FlanK3r
Level 13

This picture is dedicated to the power supply circuit board. I marked in red power processor and graphic part. This is total stress, which makes. Six phases supplies the processor and the two phases are designed for graphical part and communication. Blue then belong two-stage power for memory. We must not forget the power of other parts of the IO processor - I marked in orange. Yellow Power FC is a bit unconventionally located almost at the bottom. I have highlighted in purple digital controllers for CPU power and one for the memory circuit. Pink TPU chip is framed under DRAM slots and a larger frame belongs to an external pulse generator (for PCIe x1). Green then power board connectors.

There is my full version of OC guide and review
http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl=cs&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fp...

SUKARA
Level 10
Wow....
Very detail...thanks your sharing!