cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mars 3 vs Ares 2

staffnick
Level 7
I am currently looking to upgrade from my crossfire xfx 6970s to something with a bit more horsepower. I run a eyefinty setup of 6036x1080. I am wonder should I wait and see what asus/rog come up(mars 3) or go ahead and get an Ares 2?
6 REPLIES 6

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
They're not releasing Mars III unfortunately

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
They're not releasing Mars III unfortunately

I was pretty gutted when I heard that 😞
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Granger
Level 10
Talking of the ares II, Can the rad be taken off to enable the user to incorporate the Ares into a custom WC loop?

Granger wrote:
Talking of the ares II, Can the rad be taken off to enable the user to incorporate the Ares into a custom WC loop?

It's LLC loop, so realistically no, if you want to keep your warranty.

I'd say if you were serious about integrating it into an existing loop just take the whole kit off and drop on two GPU blocks. Leave the 80mm fan on it to cool the VRMs and memory. The only trouble is the tubing is quite thin and making sure the blocks are not too tall if you want the cover back on.

InnervateD
Level 10
From the pictures I've seen so far it doesn't look like it.
The rubber hoses goes right into the block so if anything you would have to disassemble the waterblock a little to see how it connects.

It would be a poor decision on ASUS' end if you can't take off the rubber hoses from the card to the rad for intergration into a custom loop. Say you want to get two ARES II, let's say IF. I find it very hard for anyone for most cases to be able to mount the 2nd rad given the hoses' length, if you can't mod it.

Daveo
Level 11
isnt M'ares the real name/spelling for mars?
Sry off topic.