cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor PB278Q any advice on use?

Mummy
Level 8
Hello all!

I just ordered a new monior to me ASUS PB278Q from net store. I hardly can wait so i did go on it site @ Asus.com and there i found "manual in my language"(Finnish) and "PB278 Series Windows 7 driver".

I have Asus HD7970-3GD5 whit AMD.s new 11beta driver installed and to my understanding those control the monitor and the picture on it.
Q: What are those PB278 driver's for :confused:
Didnt find any info for those on manual, but havent looked form English version yet thogh.

Then the connection cable from 7970 to monitor. At the moment im useing DVI. In 7970 i have 2 mini DP HDMI and DVI.
HDMI is out of game ofcorse, but at my understanding DP is better then DVI. But then theres the problem calld MiniDP as so i may need to get "dongel" for it to fit to that monitor and on my head i hear "more connections = more possible problems".

So is DP worth it or is it the same quality as runing it with DVI. :rolleyes:
In end of the day im runing only one monitor even if its 2560x1440.

Thanks for any help and Sorry my English again !
Cheers Mummy :cool:
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit
5 REPLIES 5

tadhp
Level 10
Mummy wrote:
Hello all!

I have Asus HD7970-3GD5 whit AMD.s new 11beta driver installed and to my understanding those control the monitor and the picture on it.
Q: What are those PB278 driver's for :confused:
Didnt find any info for those on manual, but havent looked form English version yet thogh.
Cheers Mummy :cool:

Not sure here too, I download driver files from msi for this monitor but don't see how it is work. I've been use AMD CCC version 12.10 with the driver packaging version 9.002-120928m-148276C-ATI .... for my graphic card. The CCC desktop properties shown my ASUS PB278Q setting OK

And for my AGP, I have to use miniDP to DP (monitor) cable for the 2560x1440 setting, didn't use the dongle come with the monitor but bought the monster cable miniDP to DP (one piece) and it's work fine.:D
CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
Cooler Master
HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q

Mummy
Level 8
I tryed to install that file (PB278 series windows 7 driver) by rigth clicking the install file and then selected the install.
After that i get anote that says "Selected INF-file dosnt support this install method" or somethig like that (Mains in Finnish). Then i tryed to chose it form manager for new monitor driver ,but it didnt want it.

So little mystery to me what shold we do with it :confused:

You have your monitor in 75Hz. Is it better for eyes or why?
Edit: Oops, mybad its says "maximum reported refresrate"

Thanks for your help! Cheers Mummy :cool:
CPU: AMD FX-8150 MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula DDR3: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1866
GPU: ASUS 7970 SSD: 4x Corsair F3 120GB @ Raid0 PSU: SF Golden Silent 500W OS: W7 Ultimate 64bit

Mummy wrote:
I tryed to install that file (PB278 series windows 7 driver) by rigth clicking the install file and then selected the install.
After that i get anote that says "Selected INF-file dosnt support this install method" or somethig like that (Mains in Finnish). Then i tryed to chose it form manager for new monitor driver ,but it didnt want it.

So little mystery to me what shold we do with it :confused:

You have your monitor in 75Hz. Is it better for eyes or why?
Edit: Oops, mybad its says "maximum reported refresrate"

Thanks for your help! Cheers Mummy :cool:

The max is 75Hz but mine default set at 60Hz refresh rate.

At the moment this is mine setting for the color profile

Is this what you get trying to install the driver ?

After I hook up the monitor, CCC and windows update must be load every things . Couple things I check today and see here.

i only got mine the other week, love it! i upgraded from a benq xl2420t.

i tried the calibrated settings from tftcentral but i preferred the default standard settings that the monitor shipped with and the icc profile that can be downloaded from asus site. the only setting i changed was set the trace setting to 40.

gaming wise there is no lag or anything like that..

Congrats and have fun
CPU : Intel i7-3960X MB : Rampage IV Extreme 3101 Mem : G.SKILL F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH
GPU : MSI R7970 Lightning PSU : Corsair 1000W OS : W 7 Ultimate Corsair H100 Water cool
SSD : 120GB Kingston Hyper X SSD : 512GB Samsung 480 Pro HDD : 2X 1T WD Speaker : Bose companion 5
Cooler Master
HAF-X Monitor : ASUS PB278Q

RonanC
Level 10
i only got mine the other week, love it! i upgraded from a benq xl2420t.

i tried the calibrated settings from tftcentral but i preferred the default standard settings that the monitor shipped with and the icc profile that can be downloaded from asus site. the only setting i changed was set the trace setting to 40.

gaming wise there is no lag or anything like that..

Mummy
Level 8
Yeah main workged out the box too straigth with correct resolution and all.
Yep thats the error code i get when i try to install it that way.
Thanks for showing that "icc profiles". Now i use it too.

On monitor modes, i like to use "sRGB mode", but i live in Finland and its dark when i come from work so the dark room may be one ofthe reasons dont know before summer.

Just wondering why there aint any "readme" on (PB278 series windows7 drive" zip as it aint in manual eather.
wink wink ASUS 😉