cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats a good graphics card?

greenster24
Level 7
im thinking in watercooling my grapics card but i dont no what one to by gtx 690 sli or gtx 680 sli or a different one what one is the best amount does not matter thanks
33 REPLIES 33

greenster24
Level 7
also whats the best watercooling block thanks

Chino
Level 15
It depends on what you're going to do with your system, what resolution you're going to use and the number of monitors you'll be using.

Area_66
Level 11
If you want to use a Water Block you better stay with a reference card, it's more easy to find a block

greenster24
Level 7
i was going to use three monitors and the best resolutions.

Black4
Level 8
The Radeon HD 7970 I have my eye on performs quite well in this graphics card comparison from ard|OCP:

http://hardocp.com/article/2012/11/12/fall_2012_gpu_driver_comparison_roundup/4

A Republic of Gamers heart.

The all-new Subaru WRX is coming. Pardon our dust.

can u water cool the rog version of it

Now with regard to which card setup you should choose. I am personally a big fan of GTX cards however Radeon are fantastic cards nonetheless. I will talk about your GTX options because that is what I am more knowledgeable about. Given that you said that you are going to have 3 displays at maximum resolution (by that I'm guessing you mean either 1920x1200 or 2560x1600) than there are a few different setups to consider. If your 3 monitors are 1920x1200 then I think 1 GTX 690(or 2 GTX 680s) should do the trick. But if your monitor resolution is 2560x1600 you're definitely going to want 2 GTX 690s to bear the load.

greenster24
Level 7
does this on able to get watercool

proudpiper
Level 7
I'm thinking that you won't be able to water cool the ROG Matrix HD 7970. The ROG cards that ASUS puts out (with the exception of the new ARES II) are all fine tuned for being air cooled. That being said, it may be possible to attach a water block to one if you were to disassemble its stock heat sink and fan setup but I do not recommend it unless you're very experienced and are willing to risk damaging the card. If you want to find a card that you can water cool you may want to buy one that is already setup with a water cooling system, or simply by the stock card and find a block that will fit whatever card you choose.