cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install another Windows 7 version....(help?)

Retired
Not applicable
Hi!!
I'm trying to change operativer system but when i try it says is needed a driver from the DVD/CD drive, where can i get it?
The problem happens even if i'm using a usb drive to format it...

Can anybody help me?

Rodrigo
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
what OS to what OS are you trying to go to?

also what is your hardware config?

xeromist
Is it asking for a driver for your CD/DVD drive or for another device? Are you installing on a RAID controller? Sometimes an extra driver is needed for those.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
I want to put windows 7 32 bits....but it asks for the driver file of my CD/DVD reader on the notebook. i'm still using factory settings

EDIT: I have asus g53sw

irdmoose
Level 10
Have you booted to the optical disk? If you have, it shouldn't need to ask for that driver. Also, is there a specific reason for moving to Windows 7 32 bit?

Retired
Not applicable
Specific reason?
Lots of them.
If a have two programs that need java x86 and other x64 i need to install two version of java and this for lots of things...
I think is earlier to use it.
BTW why using 64 bits words?
to have to put lots of zeros in the unused bits?
I think now 32 bits is still better.

Returning to the problem, i'm not using it to format i'm using a USB Drive.....but if i put a windows cd there it works....where can i find the driver for it?

rtfpessoa wrote:
Specific reason?
Lots of them.
If a have two programs that need java x86 and other x64 i need to install two version of java and this for lots of things...
I think is earlier to use it.
BTW why using 64 bits words?
to have to put lots of zeros in the unused bits?
I think now 32 bits is still better.

Returning to the problem, i'm not using it to format i'm using a USB Drive.....but if i put a windows cd there it works....where can i find the driver for it?

Sorry, but I had to step in for this one...

1) You will not see a performance increase over running 32 vs 64 bit OS with 32bit apps. The registers in the CPU can run 32-bit calls as a 32 x 2 register, so you won't be padding zeros. 🙂

2) Your G53SW will have 6 or 8GB of RAM. If you run Win 7 x86, you'll only be able to address 2.5GB of it. So your system will not be running optimally.

In a nutshell, your machine is designed for Win 7 x64. Please use it. 🙂

As for the 2 java's... well, you really only need to have the 32bit version installed, unless you have some weird app that requires java 64.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

irdmoose
Level 10
I've been using 64 bit windows since Vista SP1 without any issue, and imo it's much better for performance since 32 bit programs work without any issue.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure I'm following what you're trying to do. Are you trying to install windows to a USB drive or is your windows installation media on the USB drive?

Retired
Not applicable
No the instalation setup is in a usb driver

irdmoose
Level 10
You took the words right out of my mouth, Chastity. Not only is x64 better performing than 32 bit, it's also more secure because of the way it handles drivers and the requirement for signed drivers.