cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus fix your #*%#n servers!

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
About a year ago this site was down for about a day, mods said the servers were moved. Well only a year is not long, to be having these kinds of problems. Friday the servers were down from about 11a-5p EST. Now all weekend, it's hit-or-miss, often I have to wait almost 5min. for a page to load. If I had a good alternative site to move to I would. Asus, please fix your servers.
:mad:
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
71 REPLIES 71

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hehe missing your daily fix of ROG goodness my friend. The powers that be are aware of the issues that users are having and I can confirm two things.

First this is not a planned interruption like last year, this is something that is between our servers and the end users. It is not impacting on all regions.

Second it is as much a pain in the butt to the ROG traffic numbers and the staff at ROG as it is to you and me. 🙂

So patience dear friend and it will be resolved.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
It is not impacting on all regions.

Well it must be impacting on all English speaking regions then, bc I checked the site immediately after the outage, and there were NO posts during the outage. What's more, there are durations where the forum index loads immediately, but the individual threads take minutes to load (I tested that repeatedly). This is an indicator of server problems, specifically the forum database server(s). Given this, I have a hard time buying that story, as a single cause of the problem; not saying it is not happening, just saying if so then there are two or more problems. I realize, HiVizMan, that you are just relaying the tight-lipped info that AsusTEK drizzles to you when they are pressured to do so; "god forbid" they actually tell you what you want to know.

So, like I said, Asus fix your servers please.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.

chrsplmr
Level 18
It might not be a bad idea to have theViz OC those badBoys .. hahhaa .. then we may not even notice the outages ..
not to take this light .. it is frustrat'n ................ Weed lovs him a big bowl of ROG .. he shall not be denied !!! .. hahha

like HiViz says though ... they are rip'n their hair out over this as much as 'we' ... c.

Skull6
Level 10
Can I sell tickets to the "Viz-man v. Asus forum server" OC rumble?! 😄
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!

Skull6 wrote:
Can I sell tickets to the "Viz-man v. Asus forum server" OC rumble?! 😄

hahhahahhahahhahahahaa ... books says Viz by a Mile ... (Skull+).c.

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
LOL you guys are a riot. I love it.

Geez, it only took me two hours to load this page, and elements (background, formatting, & more) are missing. The ROG site has been down for all practical purposes for at least two hours now, along with the vip.asus.com/forum site; but the www.asus.com site (commercial sites) is fine, the usa.asus.com site loaded but took forever. Been getting things like "Bad gateway", 'upstream server not responding,' etc. C'me on, Asus, fix your servers. I want my ROG, not to mention all those ppl needing help. Grrrr!

EDIT 2:10p.m 2/25/13 EST: FYI I checked all the ROG forums, and the only one that posted between 9a.m. and noon EST (it may have been earlier than that, longer than that too) was:
kkn norway 10:25 a.m. EST
ben02 10:59a.m. EST

HiVizMan
Level 40
Pleased it is not just me that has a rubbish time getting onto the forum. Gave up Monday 25 Feb as a bad joke.

HW how about you and me double team vs the servers???

😄 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
The only interuption I saw was monday .. for about an hour in the morning .. I had no other
trouble at any of the times listed ..
I even posted a thread in this section amazed at how fast the turn around was compared to
a year ago ..
Sorry u guys are having issue .. and had no idea.
Hope they get to the bottom of it.