cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost wireless connection

Retired
Not applicable
I have a problem with my G73JH laptop which is driving me mad.

Every time an auto update for Windows 7 takes place on laptop shutdown, my wireless connectiion fails when the unit is next switched on. Notification of the updated files and the registry changes takes place, but I have no wireless connectiion.

Using Fn and F2 makes no difference. The wireless light on the front of the maching lights up, but the wireless icon in the systray gives the information that "No connectiions are available" which is crap. Other laptops detect my router together with those nearby and have no trouble connecting.

Any ideas ? All help would be appreciated.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Azzazel
Level 7
I had the same problem with the G74sx , it drove me mad , i was literary 2 meters away from my wireless router and i still got a crappy reception.

I'm not sure if it would work with your model though.

What i did is i went to the 'device manager' through 'my computer' and uninstalled the wifi driver , then i right clicked and selected , 'scan for new hardware changes' , the driver reinstalled itself and that fixed my problem. Full bars of wifi now.

I hope this helps.
Asus G74SX-TY087V
Processor: Intel Core i7 2630QM / 2 GHz ( Quad-Core )
RAM: 16 GB - DDR3 SDRAM
Card Reader: 3 in 1
Hard Drive: 1.0 TB - Serial ATA-300 - 7200 rpm
Optical Storage: DVD-Writer / BD-ROM
Display: 17.3" LED backlight TFT 1600 x 900 - 16:9
Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Video Memory: 3 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

Consoles
Playstation 3
Nintendo Wii

fuzon1337
Level 10
If Azzazel's solution don't work, you can try to update the software for the network controller. I'm not sure wich brand is your's but I think it is Atheros 🙂
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205