Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

GPU temp is good. dont think thats the problem. Tried to lower the Clock and mem speeds. no dice.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by flaz View Post
    I don't know if this would help, but try shut down that GPU Tweak guys.
    Just don't use it and not have it opened in background while you playing games.
    Give it a try, i see less artifact problem on my Matrix 7970 when GPU Tweak is not running.

Yes i know that you will not able to oc your Matrix if GPU Tweak not running, but......well.....that's just my experience.
    never had it running. I see improvements when raising the VCCSA. :S thats messed up.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radsy View Post
    i dont seem to see any artifact probs anymore on any games like i did be for not 100% sure why its just stoped but all i did uninstall all CaP's then all ati drives by using
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...l-utility.aspx

from the pc run the Windows Update downloaded the security update for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package just becuz it was there restarted reinstalled 13.1 with no CAP's all seems fine now ..

i still have ASUS GPU Tweak running at default with fans on auto ..
    nice. i will test that too.

GJ

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Junkboy View Post
    I got the them randomly during OC or Stock so for me it wasn't instability just something with the card or software. I uninstalled gpu tweak today and so far so good, so here's hoping. My last RMA took over two months with ASUS so I'm not exactly in the mood to be without my card again for two more.
    ditto. exsept for the RMA part. dont feel like doing that at all. better to buy a new card.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Radsy View Post
    i dont seem to see any artifact probs anymore on any games like i did be for not 100% sure why its just stoped but all i did uninstall all CaP's then all ati drives by using
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...l-utility.aspx

from the pc run the Windows Update downloaded the security update for Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package just becuz it was there restarted reinstalled 13.1 with no CAP's all seems fine now ..

i still have ASUS GPU Tweak running at default with fans on auto ..
    Tried this, but it seems like it made it worse.
    Happening much more often now.

ROG Member Array

i'm actually quite disappointed some what, as this was my first time investing in anything better than the 2nd best ex: 470/9500/4850. I was expecting quite alot from this card for the $500 price tag when the sapphire was down to 379. Overall i don't know if i'll be going back to asus for videocards since this seem to be a widespread issue on their top-of-the-line single gpu and their rma service makes you cringe.

ROG Member Array

anyone have success with an rma?

ROG Member Array

In my experience those Sqaure-like artifacts are related vram. I get these artifacts in Skyrim if I don't lower vram to 6200MHz. Maybe something to do with the fact that some vram moduless don't have heatsink and are clocked higher than reference?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD7970-MATRIX-13.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	17225

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mistax View Post
    anyone have success with an rma?
    I'm currently going through an RMA and will receive my card on Tuesday. I'll keep you updated.

I know this is a bit unrelated but someone at the Asus VIP forums is having the same issue with the ARES II.

ROG Member Array

So I finally got my card back, same card nothing changed. And what do you know, square artifacts show up right away when I start watching Netflix. Tearing also started showing up while playing Path of Exile almost immediately. Really disappointed with the RMA service. Such a lack of communication. $60 wasted on shipping and even more on the card.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast