Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    rysiu
    i'm not extreme overclocker, but oc'ed i5-2500k to 4,3ghz, just with setting multiplier to 43(like i had on my old asrock p67 extreme 4 motherboard), and processor voltage is 1,296v, tested 1 hour in linx(is it enough?). This motherboard is so good , i had on asrock p67 extreme 4 on 4,3ghz about 1,36v, and now i have on asus 1,3v(with all automatic)! Also dont hear squeek coils problem which i had on asrock while computer was on idle.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

! hour of Linpack is okay for most people unless running rendering programs.

-Raja

rysiu
    hi, have one more question, why voltage on processor is always set to 1,3v even when procesor works with 1600 mhz and 4300mhz?

unknownmember
    Hi there,

Firstly forgive me if my questions are noobie to you guys but having jump from 775 X38 to 1155 Z68 is completely different and there's just so much to take in. Anyways, I got myself a 2.6K, 580 DirectCU II, Corsair 2X4GB 1866 and was wondering some of you guys here with the same setup apart from video card can shine in on their settings . Not that I didn't messed with it myself, at 4.5G at the moment and was just looking for something to compare to but more importantly to work out whether if my CPU is one of the good batches. Using IntelBurnTest 2.51 at the moment, 5 runs @ 6114MB and RealTemp 3.67 showing max 68C and I should also say this is with the case open and Noctua C14. Could't get the D14 coz simply won't fit and still waiting on other Noctua fans then will test with case fully closed. Oh and ambient temp was around 22C, summer will kick in soon tho, 35 sizzling celsius . Also I'm getting the " iGPU Voltage Warning 0.000 ". I have the onboard GPU disabled tho, should I be concern about this?

Thanks and will be back with many more questions lol

tony

No CPU voltage "offset mode"?

Hi Raja,
    The CPU voltage mode setting for offset seems to be disabled on the Asus Gene-Z. Is this intentional? From your guide, it implies that CPU offset mode voltage controls are a feature included on this board. I've tested this with the stock bios and the now updated 0403 bios.

Thanks,
    Tony

Go to the DIGI VRM section and change the VCore phase control option from Extreme to Optimized.

-Raja

dkov70
    Thank you very much for your post with great explanations!
    I still try to OC my board and have following problems.

First i got the feeling that the board applies too high CPU voltage if i set e.g. 44x multipler with all the other controls set so far to AUTO: 1.38-1.39 V under full load resp. 1.36-1.37V idle
    with high core temps resulting (=/>70-75°C under full load).

Then i tried to lower the CPU-voltage as described by you incl. your “Offset Mode” tutorial - and i could not!!!
    I can not change the CPU voltage (readings of CoreTemp) under Win 7 x64 Prof. and i got the feeling, the BIOS voltage setting are overridden by Windows -
    the voltage readings under BIOS (0403) are lower then under Windows and if i get too low with voltage settings i can not even boot or post BUT still if i can boot with the lowest voltage settings possible
    i see high and consistent CPU voltage readings under Windows irrespective of BIOS settings.
    The only workaround is to set the CPU Long Duration Power Limit to e.g. 105 W - this cuts the full load vcCPU
    (at the expenses of lower multipliers under full load irrespective of the manually set multiplier) and has no influence at the idle vcCPU :-(

Any suggestions?

TIA!

dkov70
    Some more infos:
    system is stable but hot :-)
    i7-2600K
    Noctua NH-C14
    G.Skill RipJaws-X DIMM Kit 16GB PC3-10667U CL7-7-7-21 (DDR3-1333) (F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH) at stock setting

Set offset mode voltage to negative and reduce the voltage to a level you are comfortable with in UEFI.

dkov70

Still no luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Set offset mode voltage to negative and reduce the voltage to a level you are comfortable with in UEFI.
    Hi Raja,
    i have tried this - but it does not reduce the CPU voltage in Windows!
    I have gone stepwise so far with negative offset, that i could not eventually post and had to reset CMOS but i could not change CPU voltage under Windows on my board

Is it possible, that Windows 7 x64 (Prof. SP1 with all updates) overrides the BIOS voltage settings? What else could it be???

TIA!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast