Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Never heard of this before. The voltage under full load/idle should be lower.

-Raja

dkov70
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Never heard of this before. The voltage under full load/idle should be lower.

-Raja
    Well... is my board flawed? Could BIOS-update help, but the 0403 is the latest, is it?

Check the ASUS download page for UEFI updates. If there is nothing, contact ASUS Support Germany and see what they suggest with regards to your board.

-Raja

mmsandi
    I am having trouble installing AI Suite. It installs fine, but there is nothing in start menu, and when I try to run any application from Program Files, it doesn't do anything. Downloaded from the official site, btw.

rysiu
    Hello, is it ok, when i changed multiplier to x43, i have all time vcore processor 1,3v even when in idle, should i care about it, and change vcore automatically set voltage for processor when idle and load, and if it would be good, how to do this?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Internal PLL Overvoltage: [/I][/B]Options are “Auto”, “Disabled” and “Enabled”. A manual setting of “Disabled” is recommended within the bounds of moderate overclocking. Using Core frequency multipliers in excess of 45X may need a setting of “Enabled”. The requirements of the “Enabled” setting will vary from processor to processor. The unfortunate side-effect is that resume from S3 sleep states is not possible when Internal PLL Overvoltage is set to “Enabled” - this is a hardware limitation, and only fixable by Intel.
    Does this still apply with BIOS 0902?

I'm using the CPU Level Up 4.6 option and when it was on Auto by default I could not resume from sleep and after reading this I disabled it and it now works perfectly. I guess I should leave it to disable if all is fine, right?

I was tempted to switch back to Auto but again I have no idea what does Auto do. Does it act as a script that toggles it Enabled when multiplier is 45 or more?

squick3n
    My core voltage does not drop down when idling. This happens with or without overclocking. Using default values or manually adjusting using offset. It stays at or around 1.28

ROG Member Array

I've been tinkering with my board the past few days and trying to get it to overclock, which is more of a challenge than I thought.

I had to do more than just set it to 4.6 in bios, since that just netted me blue screens.

First thing was to get myself LinX and OCCT, as well as Prime95.

I'll preface by saying that I've never been a fan of using "Auto" on any bios setting, as they sometimes can be finicky and give weird results. I've overclocked Asus, EVGA, Gigabyte and other boards many times in the past 5 years and I've never been a fan of using Auto.

I used the 4.2GHz preset voltages in the bios as a guide and then went into Windows, using LinX to test my overclock for 5 passes at 1.3v.

For these tests, I leave my RAM at 1333 and AUTO timings, which allows me to focus on overclocking the CPU speed.

Once that passed, I went back into my bios and bumped the multiplier by one, keeping voltage set the same. I did this and found that, at 4.3, LinX failed, so I bumped the voltage up to 1.32v in bios and tried again. This passed, so I bumped to 4.4, which failed. After that I went to 1.34 and ran my 5 passes at 4.4, which passed. I moved on to 4.5GHz, which did pass at 1.35, so I bumped to 4.6GHz, which didn't pass.

At this point, I am not too concerned with going over 1.35v and 4.5GHz is a satisfactory overclock for me, so I decided to do more testing. I put the 4.5GHz through 25 passes of LinX and 12 hours of OCCT, both of which passed, which is satisfactory for me as a solid overclock.

Having completed the CPU overclock, I tested my RAM, which is Mushkin Ridgeback Redlines rated to run at 2133 9-11-10-28 1T at 1.65v. I can get them to run at their rated speed, but I need to drop the CPU down to 3.7GHz. As soon as I try to change my RAM from anything other than 1333 9-9-9-24 1T with my CPU at 4.5GHz, my system won't post.

My question is: does anyone have any experience with overclocking the RAM on this board with an i5 2500k? Am I expecting too much from the memory controller? Should I just stick to lower rated RAM?

Any advice on which settings to tweak to get more out of the RAM?

Thanks in advance!

System specs:

Maximus IV Gene-Z Bios 0902
    i5 2500k
    Mushkin Ridgeback Redlines 2133 9-11-10-28 1T @ 1.65v
    Intel SSD X25-M 80GB x2 RAID0
    EVGA GTX 480
    Corsair AX 850
    Win7 64

Try increasing VCCSA/IO to 1.15V and see if this encourages POST past DDR3-1333 at higher CPU frequency.

-Raja

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast