cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project P42

PasLis
Level 9
Its time for a new project.

Again im making a scratchbuild.This time im making a dual itx lan case.March 29 there is a lan party near my town and that day its my son's 7th birthday.The name P42 stands for "Party for two "so im taking this case to the lan with my son at his first lan party.

The render.

The case will look almost the same as the render when its finisht but knowing some things always change when im fabricating.This time im using air cooling.

The hardware.

2x Intel i5 3570
2x Zotac Z77 -ITX Wifi
2x Zotac GTX 670 AMP Edition
2x DDR 3 8GB memory (Merk weet ik nog niet )
2x Cooler Master silent pro M2 420w
2x SSD 128gb ( Merk weet ik nog niet )
2x HDD Samsung ecogreen 1TB
2x Cooler Master TPC 800

Sponsors :

Time to start on this project.

First i want to thank Zotac for their awesome sponsoring.2x GTX 670 AMP edition and 2x Z77 itx wifi boards.

Thanks a lot Zotac and specially Chris.

Also Cooler Master is sponsoring my project with 2x CM silent pro M2 420w psu and 2x TPC 800 cpu coolers.

Thanks a lot Cooler Master and specially Marco.

Time to fabricate.

First i made the frame off 20x20x3mm stainless steel

Then it was time to make the front for this i used 1,5mm steel.

Made all the pieces i need by hand and spotwelded them togheter.

35 REPLIES 35

PasLis
Level 9

Then i welded the cover and did some sanding.

More to come. 😄

xXx
Level 10
Dude , I hate you...Dont you ever rest?
4 GHz 4790K i7@ 4.6GHz (1.18v) , 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz Dominator GT , Asus Maximus VI Formula Motherboard , Cosair GT 240 GB ( Boot )
Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Case , Asus GTX 680, LG Blu -Ray combo , Cosair HX 1000 PSU , Custom water loop.( EK and Rasa )

PasLis
Level 9
Hahaha thanks mate and sure i rest. 😄

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Haha yeah right mate, no rest for the wicked 😛 or awesome talented builders...wish I was able to get my projects started lol and had the know-how to build em lmao

PasLis
Level 9
Haha people need a hobby tho. 😄 Never to late to start learning mate. 😄

PasLis
Level 9
Update 1.

Today i made a little progress again.I started working on the backside of the case.

First i cutt a plate and made the little pieces i need to get the right angles.The i spotwelded the pieces together.

Finished welding and some sanding.

This is done so far the holes for the i/o shield and psu comming later.Then it was time to make the bottom cover.

First i cutt a plate and bend it.

After that i made a mount bracket.

The holes are for M5 weld nuts.

Then i weld the weld nuts. ( sounds funny 😄 )

Then i welded the mount bracket inside the bottom cover.

This is how it looks so far.

This was it for today. 😄

Thanks to my sponsors.

PasLis
Level 9
Update 2 - 26 Jan 2013.

Today i made the handle bars and the top cover.This time its more pictures and less talking so enjoy the pictures i would say.

First i made the handle bars.For this i used 2mm stainless.First i cutt al the pieces i need and then welded en finished them.

The handle bars are ready so its time to make the top cover.For this i used 1.5mm steel.First i cutt al the pieces i need and then bend,weld and finshed them.

Then i mounted the handle bars to the cover.

PasLis
Level 9
Test fitting.

This was it for today. 😄

Thanks to my sponsors.

xXx
Level 10
Looks heavy..
4 GHz 4790K i7@ 4.6GHz (1.18v) , 16GB DDR3 1866 MHz Dominator GT , Asus Maximus VI Formula Motherboard , Cosair GT 240 GB ( Boot )
Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Case , Asus GTX 680, LG Blu -Ray combo , Cosair HX 1000 PSU , Custom water loop.( EK and Rasa )