Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Just go for a full copper radiator will save you some trouble with oxidation.
    1 fan have around 6w effect, 20 would be 120w, 2 GPU can be counted as 250w each, so 500w, the 3770k would probably have around 150w when oc:d heavy, with other accessories maybe 150w, let's put it together 120+500+150+150=920 then add 25% for aging 1150w, the 1200w will be enough and I have a very big headroom between the normal usage and the numbers I said, so you won't have to worry at all

You might wanna split the SSD into 2 120gb instead, the OS is better of by itself.
    | Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
    | Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
    | SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
    | Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

For radiators, the copper Alphacool ones seem very popular and to perform well, so I'd look at them to start with.

For rendering and 3x24"s I'd be inclined to go for dual 7970 Ghz 3Gb's, or if you can stretch, a set of 4Gb 680's.. The extra memory really helps, though you might be able to get away with 4Gb 670's.. I run a 24" off a single 670 2Gb and the system can take anything I chuck at it with apparent ease.

I'd also probably split the SSD's too if im honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krindor View Post
    You might wanna split the SSD into 2 120gb instead, the OS is better of by itself.
    Read a review on Corsair Force Series GS SSD last night, what about 2x 180gig of them. I was thinking of adding to the SSD's anyway, I jumped the gun and the M4 I have is mSATA and not liking the reviews on them now (not that I know what they mean but said they are slower (something to do with pci slot) I really should save the pages I read to go back to later).

1 fan have around 6w effect, 20 would be 120w, 2 GPU can be counted as 250w each, so 500w, the 3770k would probably have around 150w when oc:d heavy, with other accessories maybe 150w, let's put it together 120+500+150+150=920 then add 25% for aging 1150w, the 1200w will be enough and I have a very big headroom between the normal usage and the numbers I said, so you won't have to worry at all
    Thank you for the brake down, it helps, I figured the watt usage but being unsure what configuration I was going with I was well into 1400 watt, but I was also looking at the extreme by adding 4 pumps and 32 fans - IF I were to go with dual pump, dual loop, with four 4x 120 or 4x 140 radiators all push/pull. Now, I have very little idea what I am doing but I would say that configuration is a bit unnecessary, but it is imaginable.
    the nexxxos UT60 is the best performing radiator at RPM over 1000, there is also the nexxxos monsta, but this one is has a depth of 80mm and will be hard to fit so the UT60 is a better choice.
    I shied away from these because the specification said “mostly copper” (a bit uninformative) but if I read the reviews correctly it just means copper core and chambers, steel sides, brass threads and aluminum fins, so the coolant would only contact copper right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
    For rendering and 3x24"s I'd be inclined to go for dual 7970 Ghz 3Gb's, or if you can stretch, a set of 4Gb 680's..
    This is undoubtedly the most talked about discussion on the internet. I think I have read 100 reviews putting these 3 together. And they compare well, very well. But dollar for doughnut when I really thought it out the true battle was between the 670 and 7970, the 680 performance was not worth it, not just in my opinion either. The 670 did better on some and the 7970 better on others, so it really came down to personal preference between these two I guess, I have had good luck in the past with Asus so I went with the Asus gtx670. Have to give Krindor credit for the 4gig version choice though.
    The true question here is, when I was reading reviews I was considering a 120hz monitor with possible 3D, but I am getting a 144hz monitor with 3D and thinking of using 3 of them. I am sure dual 670’s can handle the multi monitor set up; but can 2 of them take the load of 1ms response with 144hz refresh on 3 monitors?

btw, I could kick myself, I already ordered a brass chamber, copper core radiator to use with the work bench, hopefully frozenCPU will exchange it. I will go for a 212 evo so I can tinker with OCa little until the case arrives.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Don't worry, brass is still fine with copper... just the aluminum is bad...

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

The UT60s are full copper. Even the screws are copper colored xD, and also it comes with a protection against puncturing hole in the radiator. Here's the reason I recommended the UT60 : http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/...otout-summary/
    Also it is even advertised as full copper and I know myself that it is.

If you want to get everything out of your monitor you would have to game at 144 fps. I would recommend you to try out and see how much fps you can push from 2 670 in SLI and then add another one if it's not enough, before you build your wc system try this out.

4 4x120mm rads that would be epic, but really 1 2x120mm is enough to keep my OC:d CPU and GPU at 60C and 40C, with 2 3k rpm fan in push. What I can think of the logical amount of rads that can be fitted inside the 900D is 3 4x120mm and 1 2x120mm.
    | Chassi: Phantom Fulltower White Edition | Mobo: Maximus V Extreme | CPU: i7 3770k
    | Memory: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz | GPU: PNY Geforce GTX 670 | PSU: NZXT Hale 90 750w
    | SSD: Intel 120gb 330 series (OS) | Intel 120gb 330 series (Games n stuff)
    | Monitor: LG 29EA93 | Cooling: Custom Loop

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by sectionate View Post
    If you want to run 3 monitors then ATI is the only way to go. Nvidia is kinda behind when it comes to multi monitor support, even though its nice to hear I dont need 2 cards to run 3 monitors anymore
    Can you elaborate on this? Everything i've read recently seems to indicate that SLI scaling is superior to AMD CrossFireX (which is important for single screen gaming but more important for multi monitor) and that nvidia's drivers are better than AMD's. I know Eyefinity supports 5 screens but aside from racing sims i've yet to see anyone use 5 screens.

Assuming 3 screens and the current generation of cards, what does AMD offer that Nvidia does not? They're pretty even at this point (both have 3d glasses, both have multi screen gaming).

You might just recommend that the person choose the cards that run their favorite games the best. I personally use nvidia surround all the time and i dont have any issues with it whatsoever, so i'm having a hard time understanding where AMD could be doing any better than Nvidia in this area.
    Motherboard Asus ROG Rampage IV Formula x79
    CPU Intel i7 4820k Ivy Bridge-E @ 4.6ghz
    GPU(s) 3 WAY SLI -- EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature (2GB)
    Displays 5140x1050 @ 120hz using 3 x Samsung 2233RZ
    RAM 16 GB 2133mhz G.Skill RipJaws Z
    PSU LEPA G Series G1600-MA
    Case Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra
    Storage Vertex 3 256 (Games), Intel 320 Series 128 (OS), + 4TB HDD

Ok, here I go with yet another question. Are you sick of me yet?

As previously stated, when I ordered the SSD I ordered a mSATA 256gig drive. Well that is all well and good but I find in reviews they are slower than a normal SSD drive, so being me, I ordered a SATA SSD. Will be here Thursday.

Now that you are all caught up, the question.

Will be installing the OS, games, and 3D rendering engine on the SSD, I have a 1tb SATA HDD I use for files and backup. Do I use the mSATA for cache for the HDD (if so how) or do I toss it in the maybe I will find a use for it later box?

suggestions?

Had to get started before the case arrived, Could use your advice. Wasn't sure where to post so I went where the pics are http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=

Thanks for all your input.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array skywalker311's Avatar

Hey what going on. Well everyone on here has given you the best info that out there but for one thing. Asus Xonar Phoebus great looking and sounding sound card if it works. That the problem the drivers are really bad for the Phoebus. I personally have not had the Phoebus but I have been researching for the last month and I love the way it looks and I want to buy it bad but If I'm spending $180 plus on a sound card it going to be one of the best. Now there two that I'm going for now first is the Creative Sound Blaster ZxR PCIe Sound Card. This is another great looking sound card and so far there been great reviews for it. The bad is that not alot of people have gotten theres yet because the only place to get is on there online store. The second has great review and is good looking not great. The sound card it self is one of the best on the market. Is the ASUS Xonar Essence STX .
    Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
    EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4