cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Purchased Brand New on January 13th MISSING RUBBER FEET

hacksign27
Level 7
Hey,

I purchased a ASUS G75VW from tiger direct yesterday. It was brand new, the box was sealed. I opened it myself.

When I opened the box last night I discovered that the triangular rubber foot next to the dvd drive and subwoofer was missing.

It didn't bug me unit I realized that the drive was now sliding on my desk everytime i would open it fully because the computer is sitting at an angle. I went back to tiger direct but unfortunatley this was the last one and they were unable to do an exchange for the same model. The model up would cost me $500 more. I asked them to do a return but they said because I opened the box there would be a manditory 15% restocking fee. They suggested that I contact ASUS and have them ship me a replacement rubber foot.

After spending hours on the phone with ASUS this is what was determined

1. They won't send me a rubber foot, they want me to send them the computer so they can "install" the rubber foot and there will be a fee because it is considered cosmetic damage
2. If it is available they said to buy it off their online store (I can only seem to find the rubber feet for the G73)
2. They hate their customers. I owned a G72, and G74 previous to this laptop. I love the ROG laptops but the customer support that I just experienced is truly insulting.

It's a 30 cent piece of Rubber that fits in a regular white envelope.

Any suggestions on where I can get a replacement foot? I do not want to mcGuiver one on a laptop that is just under 24 hours old.
17 REPLIES 17

rewben
Level 13
their return policy is here. i will suggest return the laptop to them and get a full refund if they're still having problem figuring out the 'solution' 😕

taking advantage of people when they're in troubles is lame.

and, to avoid things like this in future, please check the merchandise at the point of sale. sealed box is nice if only goods in the box are all intact.

rewben wrote:
their return policy is here. i will suggest return the laptop to them and get a full refund if they're still having problem figuring out the 'solution' 😕

taking advantage of people when they're in troubles is lame.

and, to avoid things like this in future, please check the merchandise at the point of sale. sealed box is nice if only goods in the box are all intact.

I went in this evening again to try and catch different staff and see if one of them would be willing to help me and still I had no luck.

This time they were willing to take back the laptop with the same 15% restocking fee but they were going to return it to me on a giftcard...which is useless to me because I don't want to spend more money then I have to and keep hundreds of dollars on a gift card to tiger direct.

Does anyone know if the rubber feet from the G73 are the same as the G75? I see the G73 feet for sale on the ASUS ESTORE and might buy them even though I am going to consider that wasted money.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Agreed goodSir .. return this to TigerDirect 'immediately' ... if they give you any 'lip' about it ..
come back HERE and tell US All !!! [[ They LOVE That. ]] .. What a pain in the ROGs though.c.

nirO
Level 7
another option would be too take the right foot out as well at least until u get a new 1 that way u would have some balance in it 🙂

Steal one off a display or something if they have one ? Not sure since I have not been in a tiger Drivect retail store.

Someone in another post said 1/4" rubber is a nearly perfect replacement if you can find one and cut it yourself.

Pitcher1
Level 9
i suggest you can sarch from ROG forum who have post same topic in here, i think G73 is the same G75.

cl-scott
Level 12
I did a little checking around the back channels, and think I located a source for those rubber feet. So if you want to send me an email or PM hacksign27 with your name and address, I'll pass it along to get some shipped out as a courtesy.

colpolite
Level 9
Wow Asus really? Why would you need the customer to send in his entire laptop that he just bought off tigerdirect to install a 1 dollar or less rubber foot and make him not have a freaking laptop for at least a minimum of 2 weeks.

No offense Asus but this is ridiculous. Why not just send him the rubber foot.