cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High DPC latency with usbport.sys driver

sordess
Level 7
High folks,

Not sure this is the right place, but didn't get any answers from Microsoft forums. 😕

I am experiencing some stuttering while playing. I was surprised to see that kind of stuttering with the kind of setup I have and especially from a rig made for Gamer in mind.

So I went into the journey of finding why I was stuttering while playing. I found out that I have a high DPC latency with usbport.sys driver. To find that out, I installed Windows perofrmance analyser and ran it while playing BF3. You can clearly see who takes the most time in DPC execution with the following report from the tool.

link to image: http://i.imgur.com/MCn2m.png

The thing is, when not playign, I do not have high DPC peak like that. It is only when playing that I see the usbport.sys going crazy like this. Usually, I have a very good DPC, which ranges from 10us to 150us.

So now that I know what's causing my stuttering, my questions to you folks is how can I resolve this? I have reach my limit in tweaking things up. 😕 Here are my assumptions:

1- IRQ (or contention) - I was surprise to see that USB ports share the same IRQ as my graphic card.
2- BAD mouse/keyboard drivers from either Razer or Madcatz (Wouldn't be surprised about Madcatz)
3- IRQ priority?? not sure here.

My rig:
Maximus V Gene
i5
8gb Ram
Nvidia 670
--- US2.0 devices:
--- Note: Both of the following are connected to the onboard USB (2.0) connectors, which share a different IRQ than the
--- graphic cards
Razer Nostromo (Gaming keyboard pad)
R.A.T 7 (Madcatz mouse)
--- ASMedia USB3
Deactivated in BIOS
--- Intel USB3
Not used, but active

--- Drivers
Latest Intel chipsets
Latest audio drivers
Latest BIOS (1604)

--- OS
Windows 7 64bits (Standard Edition)

Edit: ----
My rig is OC at 4.2mhz. The OC has been made in the BIOS and not with some tools. It is a stable OC, which I have tested using prime for a whole night.

Edit 2: I removed my madcatz and Nostromo drivers and still have the issue. 😕

On a final note, I am open to suggestions on how to investigate this further. If you have any ideas, it will be much appreciated!!

Thx
2 REPLIES 2

SUKARA
Level 10
Could you please help to disabled C-state and intel ESIT feature from the bios manual then try it again?

sordess
Level 7
C state and EIST are already disabled as the others