cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW red pixels on the screen issue

r33fd
Level 7
First of all I own an asus g75vw i7 3610qm, 12 g ram, 750 g ssh, gtx 670m with bios 210.

My problem is that sometimes I see small groups of red pixels. They appears in different programs (even in games)
and in different positions on the screen. However they disappear if I close the program in witch they appeared.
I can see red pixels right now when I'm writing this ! (look in the right side of the screenshot I've taken)

Anybody has any idea about this ?
Do you think a BIOS update can solve my problem ?

Any help would be appreciated !
15 REPLIES 15

r33fd
Level 7
I forgot to mention my OS . It's windows 7 but I also sow this problem in windows 8 so the OS has nothing to do with it !

Fsoque
Level 7
its an early sign your graphic card is overheating, mine has completely toast and had similar condition like yours before

Pitcher1
Level 9
if you set all back default, is it happen again? if SW can not help, it would be HW problem, i think you will send back ASUS service center.

Thank you ! After performing a clean install of windows and all programs, the red pixels don't show of too often but there are still there sometimes 😞

r33fd
Level 7
My card hit 40 °C all time and 65 -75 °C in games.

Do you think this temperatures are normal for gtx670m ?

What are you temperatures ?

my card is not overheated when they appear (only 39-40 °C) !

r33fd
Level 7
I've discovered that the the red pixels appear mostly when displaying dark colors for a while ! (for example when browsing rog site for 15 minutes ) !
I found this very strange ! Anyone knows what this mean ?
Should I update the BIOS ?

r33fd
Level 7
I've taken a new screenshot ! You can see that they are in a different position this time !

r33fd
Level 7
If you can't see the red pixels open the image in a new tab and increase your brightness !
They are much more visible on my display then in screenshot !