cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair IV Formula pci-e slot

Retired
Not applicable
So back after i got an RAM replacement for a motherboard that the CPU socket magically died i got one that this happened to while pulling a 4850 out after pressing the white tab down. This was several months ago and i dont feel like going with out a computer. but it works flawless with the 2 new video cards i have recently put into it being 2x5870 Matrix cards running full x16/x16

2 REPLIES 2

Raja
Level 13
Boofus wrote:
So back after i got an RAM replacement for a motherboard that the CPU socket magically died i got one that this happened to while pulling a 4850 out after pressing the white tab down. This was several months ago and i dont feel like going with out a computer. but it works flawless with the 2 new video cards i have recently put into it being 2x5870 Matrix cards running full x16/x16

Looks like the retention lock wasn't unhinged properly before removing the GPU. If the slot was that bad your GPU would never have worked in it.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Raja@ASUS wrote:
Looks like the retention lock wasn't unhinged properly before removing the GPU. If the slot was that bad your GPU would never have worked in it.

-Raja

Yeah, idk what happened might of locked itself back in but still ive had plenty of other boards that have relocked itself but never did this even if i tried to rip the gpu out. but I'm just glad the board works for now until i can purchase either a new one and use this board as a torture test board or get a Crosshair V. but i have no use for that pci-e slot anyhow its only x8 speeds.