Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array HalloweenWeed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth-01 View Post
    +1 for me !! I want more informations about the changelog.

My first question about the same changelog since ever was : "is that motherboard so unstable that it need a so great number of bios to be stable ????"
    I'd say the BIOS changes have been comparable to the EVGA X58 mobo BIOS' 2008-2011. However, EVGA posted several BIOS' that were highly buggy and therefore had to be quickly fixed (there were a few that were only a couple of weeks apart); so I'd say Asus was much more professional about it, not releasing a final BIOS without proper testing, comparatively speaking. BTW, if you look at the EVGA site there is a 10-page protesting thread about EVGA X79 issues either not addressed or just not fixed yet. FYI (for comparison purposes):
    EVGA X79 forum: X79 Series - Unresolved Motherboard Issues Thread - (UN)HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

EVGA X58 ("Intel 5 series") forum: BIOS Changelog for x58 SLI (132-BL-E758-A1/TR)

Note the detail of their changelogs!
    Last edited by HalloweenWeed; 01-25-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added EVGA X58 changelog link, reworded for accuracy
    i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
    Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
    Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
    (EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array maximiza PC Specs
    maximiza PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE IV
    Processor4960X
    Graphics Card #11080TI
    Graphics Card #21080TI

The rainning down of new bios's is really allot to do with Win 8. Allot of the fixes is just trying to make win 8 work right i think.
    Intel Core i7 4960X
    G.Skill F3-12800CL10-8GBXL
    size: 64 GBytes
    RAVEN 03
    RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
    PHILIPS BDM4065
    Custom Cooling Loop
    1080TI (X2)
    WINDOWS 7 PRO & Windows 10 64 Pro
    SEASONIC SS-850KM ACTIVE PFC F3

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array HalloweenWeed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maximiza View Post
    The rainning down of new bios's is really allot to do with Win 8. Allot of the fixes is just trying to make win 8 work right i think.
    I intended to say something about that, but forgot bc of this flu. Agreed, EVGA is having a hard time with that as well.
    My Background: Used to have EVGA X58 SLI mobo. So I am quite familiar W/that/them forum(s). I have since abandoned use of EVGA. In case you wondered.
    i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
    Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
    Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
    (EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by maximiza View Post
    If there's such a difference in terms of BIOS requirements between Win7 and Win8, then perhaps it would make sense to branch the BIOS in 2 directions. That way, when a fix for win8 comes out, it would only mean a new BIOS release on the Win8 branch, and Win7 users would not need to update their bios for no apparent benefit.
    Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
    CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
    OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
    Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
    Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
    PSU: OCZ ZX1250
    Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by Melting Point View Post
    If there's such a difference in terms of BIOS requirements between Win7 and Win8, then perhaps it would make sense to branch the BIOS in 2 directions. That way, when a fix for win8 comes out, it would only mean a new BIOS release on the Win8 branch, and Win7 users would not need to update their bios for no apparent benefit.
    I see your point, but please allow me to respectfully disagree. My guess is that the BIOS team at ASUS is really small, and so forking the BIOS will only cause more problems with bugs only getting fixed in one fork or the other. Also, they would have less time to work on each, which would result in fewer updates. Maybe what they should do is give more details and explain if it fixes anything for Windows 7 and/or Windows 8. Users could then make their own decisions on whether or not to upgrade.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Area 66's Avatar

If you have stability problem with your Rampages, switch to Crosshair , it's DAM stable, I can't crash this bad boy.

Serious, I dislike flash a BIOS when it work fine, so I vote also to have more information to not flash it for nothing.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by Melting Point View Post
    There is a big difference in both requirements and what Windows 8 supports. For example "Fast Boot" is not a new thing. I have somewhere the original spec, nvm I just found it with some google-fu. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...windows-7.html

See the date on this and read it. No one implemented it on the boards until Win8 could exploit it (although it also works with Win7). Everything 2xxx up for the the Rampage IV boards is influenced by Windows 8.
    I also agree with Zygomorph that forking will hurt you more if you don't want to use Win8. Why? If you split the team in 2 code branches, guess which team will get the most resources? That said, it is safe to assume that every 3xxx is aimed towards Win8 ALONG with other "current" stuff (eg RAID TRIM). You see Win8 is what is current (as much as I hate its windows_phone/tablet_monopoly_build_up interface-- Classic Shell is your friend).
    So unless the changelogs get better, you'd better find a UEFI version that's absolutely stable for you and stick with it, or test everything out cause everything from now on will be Win8 oriented.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

ROG Member Array

My thoughts exactly.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array NoLife's Avatar

yes,everything everyone is saying.It would be nice.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would also like more information than "improve stability".

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast